Mazars is a global, integrated, and independent organisation, specialising in audit, advisory, accounting and tax services. We are among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK.
The Business Change Technology team within Mazars supports the implementation of technology for the firm and within that, the Business Technology Change team deals with the change roadmap, project delivery and the adoption of technology change across the firm. This includes Business and pipeline management, Project Delivery, including appropriate project governance deliverables and that the stage gates for progression are in place to successfully and professionally manage project delivery as well as change management and communication to ensure that change that is implemented as part of project management is well executed to remove barriers to adoption.
The role of Project Manager is responsible for managing and delivering key projects or programmes as allocated in the strategic project portfolio. Mazars is defining and delivering several new initiatives that will contribute to its overall strategy and this requires who has the experience and passion to motivate teams and deliver specific project objectives.
This role will be dedicated to the delivery of project management for our approved HR technology change roadmap.
While typically in the areas of technology and digital solutions, projects can vary cross system/process including:
- Enhancing automation and use of our employee on boarding/recruitment platform,
- Delivering & designing an enhanced use of SuccessFactors via several key change initiatives,
- Scoping a payroll process review and delivering related change initiatives,
- Integration of SuccessFactors & Active Directory – supporting automation of leavers, joiners, and people data changes
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate significant experience in end to end delivery of a HRIS (Human Resource Information Systems) implementation from business case development, RFP & vendor selection, replacing/upgrading approved HRIS, integration of key ERP systems (cross vendor) and change management of an continuous HRIS enhancement & upgrade programme.
The Project Manager is responsible for the day to day management of the project and has proven experience of:
- Scope and Schedule Management
- Risk and Issue Management
- Customer and stakeholder engagement
- Finance, Resource and cost control management
- Successful delivery and handover to realise benefits
The Project Manager needs to be confident dealing with a wide variety of stakeholders and needs to be capable to adapt their style to each situation in order to reach the desired outcome. Experience of facilitating workshops and meetings is a pre-requisite for this role. The post-holder will have the personal and professional credibility and experience to build and manage meaningful and supportive relationships across the firm in order to deliver successful projects.
Project governance is critical for success, and experience in project and programme methodologies, with both theoretical and practical experience in working with these. The candidates should have demonstrable experience of delivering high quality project documentation including PIDs, plans, RAID logs and reports.
This role reports into the Head of Technology Change within the Business Technology Services function of Mazars.
SCOPING & APPROVAL
- Clearly and thoroughly identify the scope of the project(s) by working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels within the organisation.
- Define and clearly document this and communicate clearly to all portfolio resources an understanding of the scope as well as how it will affect other projects within the portfolio. This scope should have clear benefits capture so there is a definitive value proposition in the project.
- Represent the project to the appropriate approval authority for sign off to proceed.
- Facilitating cross-functional planning workshops or information capture involving stakeholders, delivery resources and third parties as appropriate to create a valid and accurate plan;
- This will be in enough detail to ensure integration of all activities, dependencies, and understanding of critical paths and key milestones.
- Ensuring thorough understanding of the plan, key milestones and delivery dates, resources, and deliverables including a comprehensive budget.
- Identification of any risks, constraints and threats that may impact the ability of the project to deliver to the required time, cost and quality parameters.
- Ensure communications such as emails, articles, site awareness visits are planned, drafted and delivered in line with the communications plan
CONTROL & EXECUTION
- Day-to-day management and reporting of the project (s) time, cost and quality activities, in line with the project framework.
- Thorough risk and issue management across the project(s), instigate mitigation actions, identify contingency plans and manage items through to conclusion.
- Ensure effective communication to the project teams, internal and external stakeholders, partners, suppliers and customers.
- Manage proposed changes to project parameters – e.g. scope, budget, schedules as well as quality of project deliverables and ensure project objectives are met.
- Regularly updated programme control documents, and delivery of reports in line with the reporting requirements of the programme and portfolio.
- Manage all non-technical/technical projects that apply to the service line, keeping the relevant stakeholders informed of progress, changes and issues.
- Communicate goals with clarity and provide timely feedback and support to the team, as necessary.
- Work closely with internal and external training teams to help identify training needs to support go-live, including creation and delivery of training content where required.
- Ensure successful transition of projects into the BAU service functions as defined in the Target Operating Model.
- Professional qualification in project management, such as APM Project Management Qualification PMQ) or another recognised qualification (e.g. Prince2 or PMP)
- Proven track record of delivering projects to time, cost and quality including exemplary project control documents as specified
- Experience of different project management approaches e.g. agile and waterfall.
- well-developed planning and organisational skills including scope and schedule management, Risk and Issue Management, Finance and cost control management experience and Resource and people management experience
- Benefits Management experience – including producing business cases with measurable
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills
- High-level of IT literacy, proficient user of Microsoft Office tools and relevant software such as MS Project
- Set high standards of quality and demonstrate commitment to self-development.
- Desire to ensure accuracy and quality in work delivered
- Results orientation: ability to set high goals for self and others, focusing on the delivery of targets, quality and deadlines
- Communication skills: ability to communicate appropriate, concise and accurate information in written and verbal formats
- Creativity & innovation: willingness to challenge assumptions and ability to adapt or generate imaginative and innovative ideas
- Influence & persuasion: ability to convince others, to gain acceptance, support and commitment
- Interpersonal skills: ability to understand and interpret other people’s behaviour, concerns and motives
- Relationship building: ability to build and maintain networks of business contacts in and beyond the organisation who may contribute to success
- Promote the Firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrate integrity and maintain an ethical stance and show flexibility and commitment
- This role requires flexibility including some evening or weekend work where required to support project activity as well as visiting office locations as required or requested
- Always Communicates professionally and tactfully to all project resources and stakeholders
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency