Working exclusively with this Poole based client to recruit an Import Manager, to join the Purchasing and Logistics team. The successful Import Manager will take ownership of all import related duties, from administration operations, building relationships with suppliers and other third parties, through to managing the compliance of all Import related duties.
Previous Import experience is essential, with confidence around understanding regulations, tariffs and other compliance related responsibilities.
* Organising import operations and ensuring they are carried out effectively and efficiently
* Administering and directing the transportation of commodities and products
* Negotiating on behalf of the client, when importing from several international locations, including the Far East and Europe.
* Ensuring that all import arrangements for commodities and products are managed effectively and overseeing the documented agreements for these, ensuring that they then arrive within agreed time frames
* Receiving, formulating and verifying the required papers needed to meet the requirements of the official bodies (HMRC) and practicable administrative units or other organisational bodies.
* Administrating and supervising the workings and undertakings of the Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing teams and handling the interactions with the clients and sellers.
* Working closely with internal teams (purchasing, strategic sourcing and warehouse, Accounts) to ensure that products and commodities get transferred properly, within the given time frame and that stock lists are up to date.
* Taking responsibility for elements of trade compliance in relation to tariff code classification and long-term Supplier Declarations
* Negotiating competitive freight rates, helping to formulate quotes for our client and executing freight and cargo reservations.
* Approving and enforcing the application of alterations and modifications, as and when required.
* Keeping up to date on import and export judicial rules, regulations and standard policies and upholding familiarity with tariffs and licenses.
* Working with agreed 3rd Party logistics provider, to produce KPI’s on a monthly basis with agreed performance measures.
* Handling any additional tasks as required, within the Import Manager’s role remit.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Essential transportation knowledge – principles and methods for moving goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
* Compliance – Strong understanding of HS (Tariff) codes as well as previous experience with Long Term Supplier Declarations
* Sound knowledge of Incoterms and applications would be ideal
* Experience of working with 3PL with the importation of components is essential.
* Previous experience of working with courier and freight companies and associated software would be ideal, but not essential
* Essential – Import consolidation experience in Far East
* A positive and resilient attitude is essential as this can often be a challenging role to manage
* A professional approach with excellent communication skills is essential – the Import Manager will be liaising with a variety of internal teams and external 3rd parties.
* A highly organised and methodical work ethic, with the ability to multitask and prioritise, whilst working to several timescales and targeted expectations.
* Previous experience of working in a standalone role would be ideal – the Import Manager will to an extent, manage their own work loads and take ownership of the solo Import role which involves interacting with all areas of the business
* Good literacy and numeracy skills required to ensure accuracy of quotes and compliance
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency