In House Counsel For Crime And Extradition
Location: London WC2
Salary: Neg/Depending on exp.
My client who is a Legal 500 firm of Lawyers are now looking for a Criminal Counsel to become the New Head of the Crime and Extradition Department.
If you are a Criminal Barrister and have at least 4 years seniority with Police Station Accreditation and would like a more challenging role with a Modern forward thinking and ever-expanding Law Firm then please read on!
As the Head of the Crime & Extradition you will be delegating work to your team and provide the expertise in legal support to clients as well as your own caseload. Your team will consist of Solicitors and Paralegals.
Responsibilities & Duties:
* Deal with delegated cases as required,
* Strategically manage their own department and supervising their staff members
* Liaise with clients and other professionals and professional manner
* Research and analyse documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure
* Attending upon clients at offices / courts / prison. Advising and assisting clients. Preparation for cases. Advising and assisting at police stations
* Liaising with Courts, Police, CPS, Opposing Counsel, Defence Witnesses & Experts
* Researching Law. Dealing with correspondence, adhere to accurate and comprehensive file management and maintenance practices of caseload according to company policy and procedures.
* Building good relationship with stakeholders, deal with all aspects of a case file
* Attending the Police Station during office hours and out of office hours on the internal rota (you will be given a day and some weekends to attend the police station after 5.30pm to 9am)
* Maintenance of diaries & time Recording
* Each person employed in this category must recognise that they may be contacted by the Legal Aid Agency auditor and that they are expected to co-operate fully with that officer
* Work as part of a team and give concise and reasonable instructions
* Prepare for trials, hearings and closings; attend court, conduct hearings i.e., Trials, Bail Applications
* Gathering of relevant information on a case. This includes researching the facts of the case as well as identifying the appropriate laws, judicial decisions, and legal articles relevant to the case
* Draft legal documents.
* Taking statements from witnesses and other parties; interviewing clients and passing on relevant information
* Carry out administrative duties such as billing, invoicing, time recording, compile litigation bundles, collect and organise evidence
* Ensure the department maintains compliance with all the requirements of the Legal Aid criminal contract
Skills & Qualifications:
* Barrister with a minimum of 4 years call
* Police Station Accreditation
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
* Highly organised
* Data maintenance skills
* Excellent oral and written communication are essential
* Computer Literacy
This is a very forward thinking and Modern Law firm with offices in Belfast, London and Frankfurt, Germany.
If you want to know more get in touch
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency