Our client design and manufacture precision forged and machined components and are currently recruiting for an experienced Indirect Buyer for a fixed term contract. As Indirect Buyer you will ultimately be procuring Health, Safety and Environment, Maintenance, Facilities, consumables requirements and more, whilst following SQDCP principles. You will also hold responsibility for liaison with our supplier base, to further develop supplier relationships and reduce costs whilst ensuring delivery and quality are maintained.
Hours of work will be 07.30 – 16.30 (Mon – Thurs) and 07.30 – 12.30 (Friday). Salary circa £50,000 – £55,000 per annum (To be pro rata) dependent upon experience plus competitive benefits package. This fixed term contract is expected to last until mid-December.
As Indirect Buyer, your key responsibilities will include:
* Deliver year on year cost reductions of 10%
* Develop and maintain responsible suppliers for those commodities assigned
* Support the implementation of commodity strategies at plant
* Lead project teams on supplier projects
* Analyse and evaluate quotations from potential suppliers using bid analysis and TCO – Assertively seek and recommend cost saving possibilities based on new sources, substitutions, improved systems or new items
* Prepare and raise purchase orders and long-term purchasing agreements in a manner that ensures all requirements and any special terms are met
To be successful in the Indirect Buyer, you will possess the following qualities:
* Automotive or Aerospace purchasing experience
* Ideally CIPS qualified
* Proven track record of identifying and implementing major savings
* Understanding of aerospace quality standards
* Able to forge strong relationships and communicate at all levels whilst being able to work closely with others to identify areas for improvements
* Must possess knowledge of Finance, Material Requirement Planning, Inventory Control techniques, value analysis, production processes and computer operations
* Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
This position is based near Redditch and is easily commutable from Droitwich, Bromsgrove, Alcester, Studley, South Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Kidderminster and Stourbridge.
If you are an experienced Indirect Buyer, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift who are operating as an employment business
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency