NRG are pleased to be working exclusively with an established independent IT solution provider specializing in virtualization technologies. Based in Cramlington, they are looking to recruit an installations Engineer.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a strong customer service ethic whilst maintaining a professional and friendly manner.
- Well presented, smart and professional appearance
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels from business owners to newest employee
- A pro-active and enthusiastic team player, capable of working on own initiative, along with strong planning and organisation skills incorporating thorough attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills resulting in effective problem solving.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well under pressure.
- Flexible attitude to fit in with a work rota / environment that may be subject to change.
Solutions Planning, Preparation, Commissioning & Implementation through to completion (liaising with Sales account managers, any 3rd parties and the customer).
Proven Technical Skills:
Have an all-round technical portfolio of experience in the installation and configuration of a wide range of Computer & network hardware, operating systems and applications in a LAN/WAN environment (e.g. Server & Desktop Hardware & Operating Systems, Active Directory, Messaging Systems along with knowledge of LAN/WAN/WLAN networking, VPN/Firewall, Virtualisation infrastructure etc..
Technical skills and experience must include some of the following:
Microsoft Active Directory – all key aspects
Microsoft 365 (Azure would be a benefit) – in terms of set up, migrate and manage
Microsoft Exchange – in terms of set up, migrate and manage
Microsoft SQL Server – in terms of installation, DB migration, instance management (not DB development or data management)
Microsoft Operating Systems – Server & Desktop
Backup & Replication technology – experience of implementing, managing, trouble shooting (Veeam, Backup Exec, Datto, other)
Wireless technology – in terms of installation, managing and upgrades
Router and firewall skills – in terms of setup and installation, upgrades and management
Storage – SAN, NAS
Virtualisation – VMware or Hyper-V infrastructures
We would expect this candidate to carry some industry based certifications, i.e Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCSE/MCSA, VMware VCP, Veeam (e.g. VMCE/VMCA) or similar…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Advertising Agency