We are a global Shipping company, established 35 years ago to provide technical ship management, crewing and technical services to ship owners.
We ensure that ships of our clients, ship owners, provide uninterrupted service 24/7. This includes a range of core activities such as selection and manning ships with a talented and well-trained crew, arrangement of consumables, spare parts at locations where ships are trading and ensuring compliance with national/international health and safety, security and environmental regulations.
All above activities are controlled by the company’s management system, which is administered and audited by the Quality Assurance and Safety Department.
We are looking to appoint a dedicated and motivated Junior Administration Assistant to join the Quality Assurance and Safety Department in our Glasgow office. You will work in a wide variety of QA and Safety Department activities.
- Administration of Company’s IMS Database: setting up new users, managing user’s settings and access rights and uploading vessel audit reports
- Coordinate the schedule of internal vessel audits with the company’s auditors
- Administer supply of company’s stationery to vessels
- Organising initial supply of stationery items for a new vessel
- Responding to ship specific orders for stationery and calling ordered items from the warehouse
- Editing the catalogue of stationery
- Control all in-house and warehouse stationery stock including liaising with accounts auditors
- Administer office environmental monitoring records (records of the use of resources like batteries, water, electricity, paper consumption, waste generation)
- Assist with the process of induction/familiarisation of new company’s personnel: conduct office safety tour for new employees, arrange enrolment into the online training system
- Administer training records of company’s staff: updating dates of courses completion and filing training certificates in company’s database
- Administer records of the monthly alcohol test program
- Compile and distribute updates of Flag Circulars to vessels monthly.
- Proofreading/editing bulletins prior to distribution to the fleet
- Uploading finalised bulletins into the company’s document control database
- Distribution of bulletins to relevant fleets/office personnel
- Preparation and distribution of QA department reports:
- Updates of statutory vessel-specific manuals (ship security plans, ship oil pollution emergency plan, ship energy efficiency management plan, USA vessel response plan)
- Liaising with the printing company to arrange printing jobs required for QA Department
- Other admin duties in the QA department
Skills and Experience
- Good knowledge of MS Office packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to undertake assigned tasks in a timely manner and to an acceptable standard
This is an entry-level position for a person who would like to gain further experience within a shipping company that offers great development opportunities.
Your working hours will be 0900 – 1700 Monday to Friday and some of our benefits include, a group personal pension, private health care and life assurance.
With an ambitious strategy, we aim for further growth and success so if you have the ability to work in the team environment and are committed, talented and enthusiastic, please apply by sending your up to date and a covering letter.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency