At Elanco we understand the powerful role healthy animals play in making lives better. As pets increasingly become important parts of our families, so too does the need to help them live longer, healthier, higher-quality lives. As the global population grows, so too will the need to meet the demand for safe, affordable food for all. Since our start at Eli Lilly and Company in 1954, Elanco has been working to empower our customers–from veterinarians to food producers to all those concerned with animal health–to address these global challenges, and advance a vision of food and companionship enriching life. We strive to develop and deliver products safe for consumers, animals and the environment through innovation and a shared vision to enrich the life of people worldwide.
Key Account Manager – Ruminant Vet – England North Region
An opportunity has arisen to join Elanco in the UK as the Key Account Manager for the Ruminant Vet sales team in the North of England. This important position will be responsible for key number of large veterinary practices in the region, mainly focussed on dairy cattle.
– Consultative Selling – ability to execute effective sales calls through focussing on customer needs and wants to drive loyalty, value and sales;
– Account Management – ability to partner with key accounts, using strong commercial acumen and customer focus, to build long-term sustainable relationships;
– Data analytics – ability to derive key insights from real world data (e.g. milk data, disease data and herd performance data etc.) to influence and change current and future working practice of vets and farmers;
– Provide Dairy management/technical support – including monitoring (e.g. diseases, management and tracking) & vet training;
– Elanco Knowledge Solutions (EKS) – deploy EKS tools and value-adding activities effectively on farm, e.g. risk assessments, economic assessments etc.;
– Around 75% field time (with vets, farmers and farms), including some overnight stays
– Meet or exceed territory based sales targets, through growth of aligned accounts;
– Deliver effective working practices, relationships, record keeping and communications within Elanco.
– Work closely with the technical consultant and wider cross-functional team on farm and in driving solutions to customers.
* You will have a demonstrable interest and passion for the dairy industry and its stakeholders (vets, farmers, nutritionists, etc.);
– You will have a deep knowledge of the dairy industry and/or agriculture or demonstrate willingness to learn
– You will have proven experience of working in the dairy sector,
– Although specific sales experience is not required, you will have demonstrable experience of presenting to customers, time management, and cross functional team work
– You will hold a university degree in a relevant subject
– Veterinary experience on a farm would be advantageous
Passion for RBU business and especially dairy
Capable commercially mindful individual
Experience within ruminant sales environment or with veterinary industry
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency