Learning and Development Manager
Our Opening and Your Responsibilities
We are recruiting for a Learning and Development Manager to join our HR team in Salford. Reporting to the HR Business Partner (who is the Head of HR for the Business Unit), the Learning and Development (L & D) Manager will be responsible for championing and raising the profile of learning and development across Mettler Toledo Safeline by developing forward looking strategies and initiatives in relation to: talent and leadership development, induction / onboarding, apprenticeships, work experience and interns, developing skills and addressing skill gaps, mandatory training, soft skills enhancements, performance management, career progression and talent retention.
The Learning & Development Manager will develop and grow a learning organisation where continuous learning is a way of life for everyone in our workplace. They will ensure we capture and share our knowledge effectively and invest in our people to ensure everyone has the right skills and competencies. They will help us to ensure there is access to L & D for everyone to help them perform at their best in their current role and prepare for future roles within the local and wider MT business.
Key responsibilities include:
* Analyse and understand L&D needs through different perspectives (e.g. at organisational, team and individual levels; and for our functions) and recommend/deliver company-wide learning activities for specific needs.
* Work in partnership with internal stakeholders (such as operational, functional and regional L&D leads/experts) to shape the agenda; and create, deploy, deliver and manage an L&D curriculum and programmes for all employees. This will include on-boarding programmes, L&D activities and programmes across the functions, for technical professionals, for managers, and for individuals and team members.
* Develop and optimize the usage of our learning management system (SumTotal), overseeing the curriculum, managing permissions, training assignments and future improvements to system offerings.
* Develop a template that is compatible with SAP SuccessFactors or SumTotal. Roll out and then co-ordinate and assist managers to maintain a training plan/skills matrix for all functions and Personal Development Plans for employees, taking into account the future needs of the business.
* Create and maintain L&D documentation (e.g. guides, processes, templates); and to develop and manage supporting toolkits around development (e.g. coaching mentoring, 360) and evaluation.
* Produce training material for in-house courses and programmes and facilitate delivery of training. Where necessary, to recommend the purchase of both e-learning and face-to-face training and other related services.
* Manage/oversee the co-ordination of company-wide leadership and HR programmes and courses.
* Develop learning activities aligned with our functional competencies, and company-wide operational skills needs.
* Develop and track a set of L&D development KPIs to underpin and measure the success and impact of all L&D assets and frameworks.
* Continuously develop L&D as a vital function within our business in helping to drive the success of wider HR, talent, culture change and engagement projects and initiatives.
* Ensure effective records of all L&D activities are maintained (using the SumTotal LMS and linking with SAP SuccessFactors if possible), with the help of the HR team.
* Continually assess and evaluate the quality of all learning and development resources to ensure they are fit for purpose and provide value for money.
* Be responsible for producing and analysing management information in relation to all L&D activity.
What You Need to Succeed
Degree-level education and/or HR/L&D qualification (or similar qualifications/significant experience in this area).
Experience in designing learning curriculum and programmes with a global audience and using multiple learning delivery approaches to meet the varying different needs of the organisation.
Being a personal exemplar of CPD and able to bring the latest L & D best practice and relevant thinking into our agenda to benefit our people and business.
Experience in managing a learning management system e.g. SumTotal and use of SAP Success Factors for Performance Management.
Analytical with a comprehensive understanding of the process of evaluation of L&D activity, including return on investment.
Experience of partnering with internal (matrix organisation) and external L&D global providers.
Capable of leading from the front in raising L&D standards for our people and business.
Able to network and influence people across the organisation with strong consultative and facilitation skills, and problem solving skills.
Qualifications or experience in assessment/development programmes would be desirable.
360 facilitator or coaching qualification/certification(s) would also be desirable.
Our Offer to You
* Fixed Salary
* Bonus Scheme
* Agile Working (Hybrid)
* Stakeholder Pension
* 4 x Salary Life Insurance
* 25 days holiday plus holidays, rising with 5 and 10 year service increments
* Free car parking at site (with electric vehicle charging if needed)
* Opportunity to be involved in Charity Fundraising
* Employee Assistance Programme
About Mettler Toledo
METTLER TOLEDO is a leading global supplier of precision instruments and services. We are recognized as an innovation leader and our solutions are critical in key R&D, quality control, and manufacturing processes for customers in a wide range of industries including life sciences, food, and chemicals. We operate throughout the world with a culture shaped by innovation and international flair.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We promote equal opportunity worldwide and value diversity in our teams in terms of business background, area of expertise, gender and ethnicity. For more information on our commitment to Sustainability, Diversity and Equal Opportunity please visit us here
For those who prioritize precision, Mettler Toledo is precisely where you belong
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency