Legacy Engagement Manager
Salary: £30,978 – £36,445 (dependent on experience)
Our purpose is simple, to save lives at sea. Since the 19th century, our crews have been risking their lives to save those who are in danger of drowning.
We are looking for a Legacy Engagement Manager to join our Legacy Engagement Team. Legacy fundraising is undergoing a transformation at the RNLI. For the first time the three teams of Legacy Marketing, Engagement and Administration have been brought together with ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years and beyond. Legacies account for over two thirds of the RNLI’s annual income today and will continue to be a vital fundraising stream for many years to come.
In this role you’ll be responsible for stewarding high-level pledgers in our South West Region, developing and nurturing relationships with regionally based colleagues and delivering a range of legacy engagement events.
Some of the benefits
– Salary £30,978 – £36,445 (dependent on experience)
– Flexible working location with expectation travel (subject to Covid19 guidelines)
– Car made available to carry out duties
– 26 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
– Outstanding pension scheme (contributions of up to 16% of basic salary)
– Life assurance
– Health and dental cash plan
As a Legacy Engagement Manager in the Legacy Team, you will be focussed on:
– Developing and delivering a world-class stewardship programme, with personalised experiences for existing and new high-level pledgers in your area
– Developing and leading on a programme of tailored events to suit pledgers and prospects at varying stages of their legacy journey
– Collaborating with regionally based colleagues to deliver legacy training to community teams and develop a legacy volunteer network
– Working with the wider Legacy team supporting integrated plans to embed our Legacy and In Memory Giving messaging throughout our community networks
You’ll be comfortable nurturing long-term relationships and exceeding customer expectations. Working collaboratively with colleagues in other disciplines you’ll create a network of legacy advocates.
To be considered for this role you’ll need to have:
– Demonstrable experience in relationship management
– Excellent skills in communicating in person, on phone/video or in writing to a range of audiences
– Excellent and effective relationship management with internal stakeholders to ensure that plans are integrated with RNLI activity across multiple departments
– Ability to work in an organised and structured manner balancing your time appropriately to meet short term and long-term goals
– Capability to travel to meet donors and ability to work on your own or collaboratively within a larger team
The RNLI is committed to safeguarding, ensuring the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment and have a zero-tolerance approach to proven incidents of bullying, abuse, harassment or exploitation. The suitability of all prospective employees and volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment. This will include relevant criminal record checks being carried out dependent on the eligibility of the role. (England & Wales; DBS check, Scotland; Disclosure Scotland PVG, Northern Ireland; Access NI, Republic of Ireland; Garda Vetting; International, International Child Protection Certificate process).
Our staff and volunteers have been saving lives at sea without prejudice for nearly 200 years. We respect and value diversity of background, skills and perspectives within our teams, and consider it essential to help us deliver a world-class lifesaving service. We are an inclusive organisation and welcome applications from everyone. In addition to having the skills needed for the role, we also look for applicants who share our commitment to living our RNLI values (trustworthy, courageous, selfless, and dependable), and helping us work towards Our Vision: To save everyone.
In other organisations this role may be referred to as Engagement Manager, Legacy Developer, Legacy Manager, Legacy Training Manager or Engagement and Administration Manager.
This role requires a valid driving licence.
The closing date for this role is the 4th of October 2021.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Legacy Engagement Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency