Levy Specialist (Treasury)
The role is responsible for the Scheme’s levy process including calculating and making recommendations for levies required, and monitoring funds received. The role is also responsible for maintaining the Scheme’s cash position and managing the funding arrangements.
My Priorities – what I will deliver:
* Responsible for levy calculation process and make recommendations to senior management for levies to be raised. * Work with colleagues across the organisation to ensure all relevant forecasting inputs are obtained * Maintain calculation model and ensure all process documentation is kept up to date * Understand the levy rules and prepare answers to levy related queries from industry bodies and levy payers * Present analysis and recommendations to senior level management * Work with various teams to develop industry updates and publications * Build and maintain relationships with FCA revenue team * Manage the levy credit note review process, documenting the decisions and preparing the decision letters
* Manage funding agreements including overdraft, £1.45bn revolving credit facility and arrangements with HM Treasury * Develop funding presentations for internal and external stakeholders * Represent treasury team at relevant project meetings * Assist in development of investment policy * Provide cover for payments and sanctions specialist
* Prepare relevant accounting journals and reconciliations to update finance ledger system * Prepare relevant KPIs and scorecard metrics * Oversee and train other Finance colleagues to reduce single point of failure. * Take on support and supervisorial tasks allocated by your manager. * Provide coaching and mentoring of other team members around key aspects of the role * Provide any relevant audit evidence relating to the treasury function
* Ensure the identification of continuous improvement, best practice and/or innovation opportunities.
My Knowledge – what I need to know
* Qualified or part-qualified in treasury (ACT) or equivalent accounting qualification
* Understanding of basic accounting concepts
* High level knowledge of financial services industry desirable
* Successful evidence of liaising with a range of stakeholders across jurisdictions and regulators within the financial sector
* Demonstrate proactive and excellent communication skills across all platforms of communication
* High level of confidence in making decisions and ensuring the implementation of decision is followed through
* Share knowledge and experience with others and evidence effective outcomes of this
* Demonstrate high level of influencing skills to ensure interests of the company and the customer are met
* Excellent ability to manage expectations of senior stakeholders internally and externally
* Evidence proactive approach for the best outcome for the customer
* Demonstrate a high level of ownership and accountability for own responsibilities
* Ability to think outside the box and solve complex issues
Spring Engineering Solutions (a trading name of Roevin Management Services Limited) acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Spring Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Spring Engineering Solutions. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information – please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://(url removed)/spring-engineering-solutions/cpis
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency