Job Title: Live-in Carer
Salary: from £600 per week, potentially higher earnings dependent on clients complexity.
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM NATIONWIDE candidates – REFER TO WEBSITE FOR DETAILS
Elite Live In Carefocus on working with our clients and their families to create a tailored care package that meets their or their loved one’s needs in the comfort of their own home.
Live in carers are employed to live and work with clients in the client’s own home on a 24-hour basis. The role is to provide care and support as specified in the client’s individual care and support plan whilst maintaining at all times their privacy, dignity and promoting their independence.
This will not only include meeting their personal care needs, but all their practical aspects of daily living, including social and wellbeing activities. It will also include keeping houses to a good clean standard.
Care provided by carers is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the client’s own family and will not include tasks that would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
Only when trained to do so would care workers undertake any specialist tasks. Our clients’ needs range from companionship to end of life care. Live in care is to enable the client to return home/remain at home to be as independent as possible.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
To provide safe, reliable, compassionate care and support that is based on the individuals care and support plan. You must build positive relationships with the client, their family and other health and social care professionals.
You as the live in care, may be the only person the client sees over a long period of time, it is therefore essential to report any changes and/or causes for concern to your line manager promptly.
You need to be clear about when to seek help and advice to keep our clients safe and to promote their wellbeing.
- Care and support
- Personal care of individuals
- Assist clients with medications
- Assisting clients with eating and drinking
- Monitoring the client’s health and wellbeing
- Safely assisting clients with their mobility needs (using equipment such as a hoist, slide sheet, rotunda, stand aid, wheelchair etc)
- Assisting clients with practical aspects of daily living
- Taking your client out for Social activities
- Palliative / end of life care
- Reporting and keeping records
- Attending Elite Live In Care’s training and development scheme.
We are looking for candidates with at least 1 year of Care experience.
You will be committed, respectful, reliable, honest and trustworthy. We have nationwide vacancies available for anyone who is willing to travel to Hampshire and surrounding areas.
- We set people up towards their care certificate.
- We will support with a level 2 or 3 diploma in health and social care once probation is passed.
- The Care Certificate is an agreed set of standards that define the knowledge, skills and behaviours expected of specific job roles in the health and social care sectors. It’s made up of the 15 minimum standards that should be completed during your 12 week induction. The Care Certificate was developed jointly by Skills for Care, Health Education England and Skills for Health.
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Nationwide Vacancies, Hampshire, Eastleigh, West Midlands, Norfolk, Suffolk, London, Dorset, Worcester, Leicestershire, Wolverhampton, Northampton, Oxford, Southampton, Eastleigh Portsmouth, Basingstoke Sheffield, Manchester. Milton Keynes, Gloucester, Stoke on Trent, Support Worker, Care Worker, Care Assistant, Domiciliary Care Assistant, Senior Care Assistant, Team Leader, Care Work Assistant, Resident Care Assistant, Resident Care Worker, Elderly Care Worker, Elderly Care Assistant, Elderly Support Worker, Elderly Care, Support Assistant, Enabler, Healthcare Assistant will also be considered for this role.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency