Up to £30,000
Mon-Fri 9~10:30 – 17:00~18:30
1 Year Contract
London / City
- Editing of a wide variety of computer games-related material, such as in-game text, templates, packaging, press releases, and all other marketing materials in the language of expertise.
- Overseeing the QA process for all computer games and implement changes as needed by gaining a thorough knowledge of any computer game being localised in house.
- Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
- Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
Reviewing, revising, and proofing all video game related contents.
- Lead and support projects as required
- Collaborate with other languages in order to keep high level of standards/quality across all languages
- Daily interaction with translators
- Regular reporting of progress to in-house management
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area, or equivalent amount of work experience
- 2 -4 years of editing experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Must be detail-oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time
- Must be a team worker
- Native level language skill of their localisation language and fluent English language skill is required
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience utilizing specialized technical programs to edit files is essential
- Experience with Word and Excel is required and ability to learn new programs is essential
Fluent in either Spanish, French, Italian or German
Japanese knowledge a plus
Applicants will need to be in possession of a valid UK working visa until end of contract
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency