Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for Machnists to join the team in Wolverhampton.
Apprentice trained / time served machinist with experience of manufacturing Aerospace components on manual & CNC machines is required to work within the Gears Module.
We have 7 permanent Machinist roles available.
* Capable of setting and running machines including Lathes, Vertical Mills, Gear Hobbers & Shapers, External, Internal & Surface Grinders.
* Day to day tasks include ensuring material, process layout and drawings are correct issue.
* Assess manufactured features for conformance to requirements.
* Declare non-conformances as they are produced or detected.
* Apply the most effective “Best Practice” manufacturing methods available to maximise efficiencies and reduce CoPQ (Cost of Poor Quality) i.e. silent hour running, SPC, multi-machine manning, etc.
* Control, operate and maintain stock control systems and use of equipment.
* Assistance in quality control systems and investigations (i.e. non-conformance reviews).
* • Support continuous improvement deployment through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
* Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with the UTAS EH&S Procedures.
* The transportation of materials, tools, equipment and work-in-progress within manufacturing Cells.
* CNC setting & operating skills in a precision engineering environment, ideally with Fanuc, Mazatrol or similar controls experience.
* Apprentice trained NVQ Level 3
* Ability to use a variety of manual & CNC machines.
* Ability to work in a team environment, actively following the Operating Principles of our Four Gears – People, Integrity, Ideas and Performance
* An attention to detail is essential
* Use of CMM’s is an advantage, specifically (Quindos / PC-DMIS) however training will be given where required.
* Experience in a New Product Introduction environment would be useful but not essential
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency