An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Manager to join our clients Liverpool plant on a Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will lead a team of direct reports and an indirect team of fitters covering all aspects of mechanical, electrical maintenance.
• Ensuring all H&S procedures are championed and adhered to across maintenance and plant operations. This will involve employee training and meetings, workplace inspections, work permit sign off, conducting investigations and on-going evaluation of policies to ensure they are continuously improved
• Providing leadership, knowledge, operations and maintenance experience to ensure the team deliver the maintenance services required by the plant to meet and short and long-term objectives
• Motivating and coaching the team through regular feedback and effective performance management
• Manage process and equipment reliability, availability and operational effectiveness via predictive, planned and preventative maintenance techniques.
• Continually look to improve reliability through effective work processes and operating efficiencies
• Full responsibility for the maintenance budget ensuring the effective management of costs through tracking expenditure and making adjustments as required
• Working with colleagues across the plant to ensure compliance with all on site policies and procedures e.g. H&S, housekeeping, HACCP etc. Oversee stores and parts inventory to ensure the team meets operational requirements and where possible make improvements to work processes and operating efficiencies
• Ensuring all work is performed according to the quality management systems and meets the specifications and standards
Skills / Experience Required
• Previous operations and maintenance experience gained within a heavy industrial environment (e.g. Petro chem, chemicals, coal, steel, heavy pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, bio-diesel refinery)
• Excellent leadership experience, able to coach and develop a team of high-performing professional engineers
• In depth understanding of EHS and ensuring a safety culture at all times
• Relevant Bachelors /Masters (or equivalent qualification) in Reliability & Maintenance, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent qualification, or qualified by extensive experience
• Advanced understanding of predictive maintenance techniques, root cause analysis and failure modes analysis e.g. RCFA / RCM / FMEA
• Proven track record of managing capital engineering/ maintenance projects
• Organisation and planning skills with the ability to multitask in a fast changing environment
• Working knowledge of continuous improvement methods e.g. Kaizen, 5S
• Self-starting with personal drive and motivation to proactively identify issues and deliver solutions to problems
• Able to work effectively under pressure
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency