Do you want to join a company that cares? When joining Avery you can expect:
* highly competitive rates of pay * instant access to your wages. No need to wait for payday! * exclusive employee discounts incl. retail and leisure savings * excellent career development incl. formal training * accredited advanced senior carers programme * free parking * well-supported environment *
37.5 hours per week – shift pattern – Monday to Friday 08:00am – 16:00pm
£10.00 per hour
Priory Court Care Home, located in Stamford, are currently recruiting for an experienced, dedicated and knowledgeable team player to join us as Maintenance Operative. As Maintenance Operative you will need to be responsive to a variety of requests for repairs and general maintenance of the building and grounds, fixings, fittings and equipment, alongside providing a general courier service
You must hold a full driving licence and demonstrate understanding, knowledge and experience of a wide range of traditional building trades.
We will provide a full induction alongside formal training opportunities.
The key responsibilities of our Maintenance Operatives include:
- Carrying out all general maintenance tasks and basic repairs including household electrical, plumbing joinery and building tasks both inside and outside the home.
- Providing a courier service for mail and supplies, as well as delivery of specimens and collection of prescriptions on behalf of residents.
- Responsible for specific Health and Safety duties with regard to safeguard systems including: weekly checks on water temperature, weekly checks on fire alarms and monthly checks on emergency lighting systems and fire exits/firefighting equipment.
- Providing out of hours emergency service, participating in the on call rota.
- Practicing safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particularly moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety and the safety of residents, visitors and staff.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
- Advising on the supply and quality of items used to carry out tasks, ensuring the timely and appropriate ordering of replacement goods.
- Ensuring supplies and equipment are stored in a safe and tidy manner.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with all residents, family, visitors and colleagues.
Avery Healthcare is an award winning national care home provider, committed to delivering the highest standards of person centred care.
We are always seeking high quality people to join our enthusiastic and dedicated teams across the UK.
The design of our homes and our carefully selected staff when combined with our diligent approach to care enables us to provide our residents with an enriching life and the opportunity to flourish.
Avery Healthcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults. This post will require a DBS Disclosure the cost of which is met by Avery Healthcare.
Proof of eligibility to work in the UK is essential…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company