A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our client in Andover, your be part of the manufacturing maintenance team as a Maintenance Supervisor to support the Manufacturing Manager and supervise the day to day running of the maintenance department.
£14.66 per hour – free parking.
The hours are Monday to Thursday, 7.45am – 5.00pm, Friday 7.45am – 12.45pm
Temporary to permanent for the right candidate.
Duties and key responsibilities
* Supervising and leading a multiskilled maintenance team, including reviewing and managing the team’s performance.
* Working directly on a wide range of maintenance projects from machine repair, machine installation, tooling, to building maintenance.
* Diagnostic and fault finding to determine if in house repair or contractors are needed.
* Dealing with service engineers and contractors who maintain specialist machinery.
* Health & Safety promotion and management, including carrying out risk assessments.
* Leading, managing and mentoring apprentices.
* Maintenance experience in a supervisory role within manufacturing is essential.
* Hands on Health & Safety management experience essential.
* Experience of hands on maintenance/building/light engineering/basic plumbing skills essential.
* Previous experience of CNC setting or machining (engineering or electrical) preferred (but not essential).
* Previous experience of working in a Lean or 6S environment preferred.
* Forklift experience.
* IT literate.
* Be able to drive on business in the UK.
If you are interested, would like further information and to apply please do not hesitate to contact Charlotte Thornton at Gi Group on (phone number removed) and email your CV
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency