Are you an experienced Maintenance Assistant? Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you!
Draper Tools is a family business with a rich history, a strong, supportive ‘family culture’ and a passion for continuous improvement. We believe everyone can make a difference, we value opinions, and we embrace new ideas.
Several recent events have led to Draper undergoing a period of transformation with ambitious growth plans. There is new wave of energy throughout the business, which means you’ll need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy taking a proactive and collaborative approach and be comfortable adapting to change.
It’s an exciting time to join our growing team and there are lots of exciting opportunities on the horizon for the right person including this fantastic full-time role as a multi-skilled Maintenance Assistant to work in our Facilities team in Chandlers Ford.
Come and join us!
We are keen to attract new talent who can make a difference in our workplace. This means that all candidates who are offered a role before the end of January 2022 and go on to start in a permanent role with us, will receive a bonus of £500 (gross, pro rata if part-time) in their first month’s pay.
What will I be responsible for?
As our Maintenance Assistant, you will be carrying out planned maintenance to the buildings, facilities, equipment, and outside areas in line with the maintenance schedule. Responsibilities include:
- Responding to emergencies and carrying out reactive maintenance when necessary
- Painting, decorating, tiling, and refitting office and warehouse space
- Gardening and landscaping of all outside space
- Carpentry, including door hanging
- Minor electrical work and PAT testing
- Vehicle checks
- Basic plumbing including identifying leaks and repairing faucets and pipework
- Completing regular checks in line with health and safety regulations and updating records
Could this be the ideal role for me?
If you have previous experience within a similar role along with excellent attention to detail, then this could be the ideal role for you! You will also have the following skills and competencies:
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work to instruction but also use initiative to solve problems
- Good knowledge and adherence to Health and Safety regulations
- Flexible, open to change
- Ability to work alone
- Team player
- Comfortable working inside or outside in all weather conditions
Rewards and benefits
In return for your hard work as our Maintenance Assistant, you will be offered a salary of £12 per hour and a great range of benefits including:
- Holidays rising to 25 days*
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension scheme
- Private health scheme*
- Staff discount on Draper products
- Free on-site parking
- Day off for your birthday
- Sodexo employee discount scheme
*After qualifying period
Hours of work: Full-time
If you have the skills and experience required to succeed as our new Maintenance Assistant, we want to hear from you! Please click APPLY below to register your interest.
Please note that we will not be reviewing applications until w/c 3rd January 2022.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency