Management Accountant – Macclesfield
Routes Healthcare have delivered Clinical Homecare/Homecare services across the Northern England since 2012, currently providing 1.8m hours of homecare. At Routes Healthcare, our ethos is ‘Excellence in all we do’. We aim to deliver a high-quality service that exceeds expectations, and both our clients and employees can be proud of. In a recent survey, 86% of our staff said that they are proud to work for Routes Healthcare and 87% of our staff said that they would recommend our services to clients.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Management Accountant in a similar or larger business and possess excellent communication skills.
The individual will be very well organised, have strong attention to detail and can work to strict deadlines. Knowledge of Sage Accounts 50 preferred and strong IT skills particularly in MS Excel would be very advantageous.
• Manage and oversee the Purchase Ledger function.
• Manage and reconcile the branch uniform stock ensuring and recharges are communicated to Payroll.
• Month End Ledger reconciliations including prepayments & accruals and posting of various journals.
• Preparation of the monthly Management accounts and group consolidation of accounts and variance reporting.
• Preparation and reporting of weekly sales to Directors.
• Monthly payroll preparation and payment of branch staff.
• Reporting on starters and leavers on a monthly basis.
• Preparation of Board reports.
• Update Complex Client data weekly to analyse monthly and preparation of the complex reporting on a 4 weekly basis.
• Check and post the weekly nominal link between Sage Payroll and Sage Accounts.
• Payment of monthly Attachment of Earnings, PAYE, & Inter Company invoice.
• Check & upload weekly pension data to the Pension Provider.
• Recording any pension opt outs/refunds and providing detail to Payroll.
• Make prompt payment for any equipment orders, course/hotel bookings, DBS/POVA applications and all other ad hoc payments.
• Monitor and get best prices for all utility contracts.
• Assisting in other general finance tasks to ensure efficient day to day running of the purchase ledger and month end process.
• To comply at all times with the Company’s procedures regarding Conduct and Confidentiality.
• To be responsible, while at work, for ensuring that reasonable care is taken for one’s own health and safety and also for the health and safety of others.
• To be responsible and take ownership for one’s continuous personal development, undertaking relevant training as and when appropriate, including appropriate Health and Safety Training.
Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant
• Commercial awareness
• Proficient in Excel (VLOOKUP’s, pivot tables etc)
• Excellent communication
• Self-starter who is able to take full responsibility for the management of their tasks and reporting duties.
• Able to travel to Macclesfield 3 times a week.
Our commitment to you
• 25 days paid holiday plus an extra day for your birthday
• Opportunity to earn bonus after successful probation period
• Opt in to work based pension
• Full support, to enable you to do your job with confidence
• Opportunity for career progression and CPD
• Full induction and the opportunity to progress in your career
So if you are passionate about care and enjoy growing safe services we would love to meet with you. Please apply online or contact Tai or alternatively or
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency