Location: Wakefield City Campus
We have an excellent opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our Finance team, where you will provide financial support to designated budget managers as appropriate and ensure the accuracy of the financial ledger.
As a Management Accountant, your duties will involve:
Preparing accurate and timely management reports for designated budget holders.
- The preparation and profiling of annual budgets for income, pay and non-pay expenditure.
- Attendance at and instigation of budget and other meetings as appropriate.
- Actively participate in the review and development of financial systems relating to the management accounts function and procedures.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, forward-thinking and up for a challenge. You will also need to have working knowledge of computerised accounting systems and MS Office packages, especially Excel for complex data management, a high level of accuracy and the ability to work in a busy office environment.
As a Management Accountant, you should have:
- Level 4 Association of Accounting Technicians qualification (or equivalent)
- GCSE A*-C / 9-4 in English and Maths
- Management accounting experience including preparation, profiling and monitoring of budgets
- Experience of working within an Accounts department
- Personal and Professional Development Opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards, Staff BBQ, Christmas Party
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 11 January 2019
Interview date: Friday 25 January 2019
See what we have to offer and come and join us. For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency