Who you’ll be working with
Within our Energy and Utilities sector we bring to life what is next. We combine strategy, technology, data science and creative design expertise with an inventive mindset. We work with our clients to solve their most complex business and technology challenges.
Our work is focussed on the future of Energy and Utilities. We know that this market will go through dramatic change over the next few years and we have an important role to play: The need to understand, design and implement change based on drivers including climate change, energy storage, new economic models, and new technology are increasing, alongside our core capabilities of customer experience transformation, asset and operations transformation and cost reduction and operating model transformation.
Our recent work has included; creating the future operating model for our client’s UK operations, designing an award winning future customer experience for the competitive arm of a water sector client, delivering a multi-year and multi-dimension change programme for an energy distribution company, and leading the global implementation of change for a energy-technology business. We have also built blockchain prototypes, written thought leadership on the future role of Distribution Systems Operators, and deployed agile at scale for new customer experiences through digital channels.
Capgemini Invent is in a unique position of being a strong independent consulting, digital, innovation and technology business attached to an industrial scale systems and technology business, this means that we are in a very small group of companies that can deliver a complete change and transformation journey to our clients.
We are looking for people that are motivated and want to be part of this change. To join our team you will be curious and interested in the future of the energy and utilities sector, and will want to take pivotal roles in the change programmes.
The focus of your role
The Energy and Utilities industry is continuing to experience unprecedented change. The impact of digital disruption is increasing across all parts of the energy value chain, and at the same time regulators are shifting to focus on customer outcomes. Digitisation is impacting customers, employees and energy technology, including the ongoing evolution of smart grid. In response, the industry continues to increase investment to drive their digital transformations across all parts of their organisations. As a result, we are seeing a significant increase in demand for our successful Technology & Architecture Consultants who are already working with major Energy & Utility organisations.
We have a successful track record of helping our clients drive better business outcomes, creating positive futures, through digital transformation – we help our clients bring to life what’s next. Our consultants combine the best of management consulting, breadth of architecture, industry nous, technology knowledge and collaborative delivery experience to make the difference. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
Your focus will be to shape, architect and enable the delivery of leading digital transformation initiatives and their associated business outcomes. You will bring consulting, programme and architecture experience, and will have applied appropriate methods and techniques as part of this, in highly collaborative environments, with the right balance of style and substance.
You will bring Energy / Utilities industry expertise to support the development of innovative digital solutions at scale, spanning people, process and technology, and enable coherent and quality end-to-end solutions to be adopted successfully, with a clear line of sight to business value.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bring experience in Consulting, Technology, Architecture, and Energy / Utilities. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within an Energy / Utility company or one of their suppliers. You will have delivery experience. In addition, you’ll have the following specific experience and personal attributes:
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
- Technology and architecture consulting
- Business, enterprise and solution architecture, in programme roles and ideally also in early stage ‘shaping’ roles
- Assisting with the design and development of initiatives covering business and technology implementation propositions
- Managing and/or delivering projects in Energy / Utilities, either working for an industry organisation or for a consulting firm
- Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes
- Experience of architecture / design techniques and approaches and their practical application
- Experience of consulting methods and techniques and projects
- You will be highly motivated, a self-starter, bringing a proactive, can-do attitude to project delivery, capable of working independently as well as in teams in a sometimes demanding project environment.
- You will have the knowledge and gravitas to credibly engage effectively with a range of utilities project staff up to a senior level on utilities project specific subjects.
- You will enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, providing direction and helping others to develop. You may have personal team lead / management experience, but this is not essential.
- You will be able to anticipate and adjust positively to situations with clients that involve changing tasks and/or location, shifting priorities or ambiguity.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, including an ability to listen to understand the client situation and the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently on potentially complex issues.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency