Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: North Cambridge
We are currently working with a business to find a Manufacturing Engineer to work with the design, quality and production teams to identify and correct manufacturing faults. Your role will ultimately help to improve high complexity mechanical mechanisms for precision motion control and vibration isolation systems used in research, manufacturing, and biomedical applications.
As an integral member of the manufacturing team, some of your responsibilities will be:
- Responding to any production issues including hardware, software and firmware issues.
- Investigating component quality issues
- Reviewing manufacturing processes to improve quality and cut costs
- Managing all production tools including test rigs, machines and keeping the logging system updated
- Working with engineering teams to ensure all quality related issues on the production floor are investigated and fixed
As a leading designer and manufacturer of photonics equipment they can offer a very competitive salary. The role has some flexibility in terms of remote working, but will be on a week by week basis based on workflow. You get the chance to work in their new £13m purpose built facility close to Cambridge with great working hours of Mon-Fri 8.00am – 4.30pm.
- Degree in Engineering
- 2D and 3D Cad Systems experience (preferably with Solidworks)
- Technical Drawing experience
- Knowledge of Electronics/Manufacturing testing techniques
Im interested, what now?
Number 1: Click the little apply button (don’t worry, we’ll discuss before your CV or application goes anywhere)
Number 2: Email me directly on
Number 3: You can find me on LinkedIn (Alexander Flory) and drop me a message on there!
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency