Job Locations US-LA-SCOTT
ID 238Category SCIENTIFICPosition Type Regular Full-Time
Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visitweatherford.comfor more information or connect onLinkedIn,Facebook,Twitter,Instagram, orYouTube.
Were looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join us within our manufacturing facility in Scott, Louisiana. Our Scott facility produces components for gas lift and completions tools and, products for the oil and gas service industry, and this role is a pivotal part of driving efficiencies and process improvements as part of the One Weatherford Team.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provide excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Are you ready? We are.
Manufacturing Engineer key responsibilities include:
- Manage the timely development of work order process routings for product manufactured in the machine shop by overseeing the daily duties of the manufacturing engineers.
- Assist with & coordinate with facility mechanical maintenance operations to provide 95% or better up time on machines.
- Mentor new manufacturing engineers and/or interns in the proper techniques involved and required in manufacturing engineering.
- Develop annual budgets for responsible departments.
- Manage spending to adhere to the annual budget.
- Work with other department managers to develop budget and production plans to meet product line expectations.
- Become the facility champion for continuous improvement by being proficient in project management and meeting facilitation.
- Participate in and coordinate the implementation of new products into manufacturing through team-based review and approval.
- Write programs to pull data from engineering and ERP systems as required for special projects related to the facility and/or other Weatherford facilities.
The ideal candidate for the Manufacturing Engineer will have:
- Minimum 3+ years manufacturing engineering experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (required)
- Machine Shop Experience (required)
- Lean Manufacturing Experience (required)
- CAD experience (preferred)
Apply for this job onlineApply