Leading international Pharmaceutical Manufacturer seeks an experienced Microbiology Technician to join a talented team.
About the role:
To carry out environmental monitoring (EM) program of the aseptic compounding centre including; taking daily samples within production cleanroom areas, incubation, plate reading and identification of isolates. Documentation and data-entry of all results, following good documentation practices. Conducting investigations into EM excursions and non-reconciliations, generation and communication of KPIs, trending reports and state-of-control of compounding centre.
To provide ongoing product sterility assurance through sterility testing and media-fill programs, and processing samples for external testing. Conducting investigations into out of specification results. Duties will also include liaison with internal customers and external suppliers.
Duties may include:
- Carry out environmental monitoring program
- Incubation of samples
- Reading of plates and liquid media and evaluation of results
- Species-level identification of isolates
- Investigating EM excursions and out of specification results
- Sample processing for external testing
- Sterility testing of finished products
- Documentation and data entry of all results
- Trending of results and report-writing
- Writing and review of procedures, protocols and records relating to job role
Skills and experience:
- Good communication and report-writing skills
- Minimum Degree Microbiology/related Science or relevant experience.
- Previous experience in working within a laboratory or pharmaceutical, microbiology or healthcare industries would be beneficial.
- The role holder is expected to work with minimal supervision against the agreed work programme; including work within clean areas.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency