A bit about us
Do you want to be part of a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies.
Do you want to be part of a team who provide leading edge secure solutions for customers in defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments often within Universities.
If you are passionate about technology and innovation with a strong desire to understand how different technologies operate and want to test your abilities then we are keen to talk to you.
Step Forward and Realise your full potential by joining an agile and talented team who is responsible for design and developing, of SQL database estate and solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and reporting health and performance with existing SQL Database.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Prolinx Database estate.
A typical breakdown of your role would be:
- Supporting the design and deployment of SQL clusters for Prolinx and its customers
- Developing scripts to automate repeatable processes
- Building reports to assist with the visualization and analysis of the data
- Planning, development and testing of Change Requests
- Provide subject matter expert guidance to our support teams for more complex issues and mentor junior engineers
- Working with other database technologies to bring all data sources together
- Design and develop technical and operational procedures and instructions for Support Teams
What we need from you
We need someone that is;
- Strong at problem solving with excellent time Management & organisational skills
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Ready to work under pressure and within strong security constraints
- Prepared to work in technologies outside of your core skill set with the support and guidance from others
- Prepared to travel, when necessary, to customer sites or other Prolinx locations
- Able to obtain Security Clearance to SC level and potential to DV
What skills and experience do you need?
We are looking for the following skills to fulfil this exciting position.
- SQL Server Database administration and design.
- SQL reporting studio and query writing, T-SQL.
- SQL maintenance tasks and stored procedures
- Development and scripting in PowerShell
- Microsoft/SQL cluster design, configuration and support.
- Microsoft replication technologies.
- Experience of managing other database technologies (influx, MySQL)
- Group Policy design, deploy, administration and management.
- Experience of working in secure environments
- Building management information dashboards using BI tools
- Advanced troubleshooting and 3rd Line responsibilities
- Working with monitoring toolsets such as Grafana, Icinga and Prometheus
- VMWare vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V product administration and management.
- Working knowledge of networking and TCPIP and firewalls
What’s in it for you?
You will be joining an exciting and growing company that operate with very exciting customers and partners.
You benefits include, but are not limited to;
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonuses
- Flexible working with a mix or home and office locations but also flexible start and end times to suit
- Company pension scheme
- Private health benefits
- 24 days annual leave with additional loyalty days added
- Social events and gatherings
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company