Bailey Employment Services are currently recruiting Mortgage Consultants on behalf of Lloyds Banking Group in Edinburgh to join their New Business Team.
The core purpose of the role is to achieve the Groups overall principle of ‘help me own a home’.
You’ll contribute to this by taking calls from Mortgage intermediaries in relation to applications made on behalf of their clients, this will include speaking with brokers, solicitors, surveyors and third parties. You’ll use your skills and knowledge obtained during the training process to progress these mortgage applications to completion, enabling people to own their dream home.
You’ll support them with the verification of clients income, providing updates on valuations and updating them on the progress and outstanding requirements of the application. You’ll help the group improve policies and procedures by speaking up when you identify an opportunity and providing feedback on the colleague and customer experience.
identify an opportunity and providing feedback on the colleague and customer experien
* Dealing with a range of customers and third parties for a single brand/channel/product
* Role will review applications to check the data required is available and accurate in order to process the mortgage. Role will need to apply some judgement when reviewing applications, using training tools and calling on the Senior Mortgage Consultant where additional support/knowledge/expertise is required
* Keep up to date with process and policy changes
* Work will be prioritised/directed by the Team Manager to meet the core purpose of ‘help me own a home’
* Ensure that all contact is professional, setting the scene, giving clear expectations to the broker around next steps and agreeing future contact
* Building relationships with brokers whist having the ability to deliver key messages in line with lending decisions with support from Senior Mortgage Consultants as required
* Deliver a positive quality customer experience in colleague and customer interactions, which can take place either by phone, email or letter.
* Ensure all legislative regulatory requirements are adhered to through compliance with various policies such as, Money Laundering, Sanctions, Conduct Risk , Mortgage Policy and the Complaints Handling policy. Ensuring complaints are resolved at First Point of Contact within 48 hours – or escalated as appropriate
* Adhere to income verification processes and refer to Team Manager for assistance as /when required to support all decision making assumptions
* Proactive in recognising and identifying a barrier in the system and escalating to Team Manager.
* Identifying and raising ideas for continuous improvement to enhance the customer and colleague experience by adding value to the end to end process
* Attending and providing active participation in team meetings, sharing thoughts and ideas to improve the outcome for the colleague, customer and business
* Demonstrate a sound understanding of and display behaviours expected in the Groups Values in Act
* No weekend work – Shifts Monday – Friday between 8am – 8pm
* Full training is provided, both classroom based and on the job support. All colleagues will join a 3 week training course to provide you with the knowledge required to fulfil the role, once you have completed your training you’ll move onto 2 weeks on the job training and finally complete your journey to competence with ongoing coaching, development and support from your team manager.
* Customer Service Agents that join the company will be rewarded with a basic pay rate of £10.11 per hour.
* Subject to qualifying criteria, Advisors will be entitled to an Annual bonus as well as monthly Cash payments
* Career Progression – As you progress through your career you will have opportunities for personal development through supporting other channels and brands or other areas within the wider Mortgage Business.
* Initially you will be entitled to 28 days holiday per year pro rata, rising to 30 days holiday after you’ve been in the role for 12 weeks.
* City Centre Location with good public transport links, an onsite staff car park and regular bus trains and trams nearby.
* While the role is initially a 6-month temporary contract it has the potential to continue, be extended or even lead to a permanent position subject to performance.
At Lloyds Banking Group we are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit
Employment Type Temporary
Advertiser Type Agency