Multi Skilled Engineer with Mechanical bias – Bishop Auckland
Our client is a world leader in packaging, employing over 45,000 employees in manufacturing in 21 countries in Europe and 13 in the Americas. The group collaborates with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights into packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. The Company has ambitious investment plans to support an unrivalled portfolio of paper-based packaging solutions which is constantly updated with market-leading innovations.
There is currently an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Biased Technician at the state of the art manufacturing facility based in West Auckland, County Durham. Working within a complex engineering environment the Multi-Skilled Engineer will be responsible for providing a responsive engineering service to the Site’s Operations Team to ensure high levels of machine availability, efficiency, reliability, safety and quality standards are achieved and improved upon. The post holder will also be responsible for providing effective and long term solutions to continuously improve on machine reliability.
Applicants should have a proven track record in a fast moving production environment.
This is a permanent position, predominately working a day shift pattern, but will be required to work a three shift pattern Monday to Friday depending on the needs of the business. A reasonable level of overtime and flexibility is needed to cover the business needs.
Main Duties of the Role:
The main duties of the role will include:-
• Supporting the engineering and Corrugator preventative maintenance strategy to improve health and safety, guarantee quality, reduce waste, optimise productivity and improve MTBF whilst reducing MTTR.
• Identifying and preventing fault situations on all processing equipment and ancillary devices.
• Monitoring and adjusting equipment and process conditions to ensure that right first time quality is achieved.
• Maximising equipment utilisation by carrying out effective preventative maintenance procedures, timely calibrations, and routine safety checks on all processing equipment.
• Promoting an environment of continuous improvement at all times and assisting in process
Required Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering industry recognised apprenticeship (4-5 year Engineering Apprenticeship)
• Minimum ONC and preferably a HNC in Mechanical Engineering.
• Skilled in Welding, fabrication and basic turning and milling essential.
• Thorough practical knowledge and experience in Mechanical Engineering.
• A sound working knowledge of Maintenance Techniques associated with autonomous, preventative and predictive maintenance.
• Good Knowledge of computer packages such as word and excel and CMMS ideally SAP, however training will be provided to the successful applicant.
• Previous experience working in a highly automated FMCG environment.
About the Person:
• The ideal candidate will need to be multi-skilled, however mechanical biased and from a manufacturing industry background with experience of fault finding on mechanical systems, hydraulics and pneumatics would be advantageous.
• You will be involved in continuous improvement projects, as well as being part of the plant’s asset care teams, providing breakdown cover across the entire site, alongside planned and preventative maintenance.
• Applicants must have an appreciation of and commitment to workplace safety and health and safety improvement.
• Candidates must be able to work accurately and have good communication skills.
• The successful person should be enthusiastic and able to work independently and as part of an experienced technical engineering team.
• Opportunities for overtime
• Work in an energetic, dynamic and fast-paced environment with a global organisation offering many levels for career progression
• Workplace pension.
If you feel that you have the necessary personal and technical skills and more importantly the drive and determination our client would like to hear from you. Please apply via the companys dedicated online application process.
The closing date for this role is 14th August 2020…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Advertising Agency