Site Lead Engineer – An opportunity has arisen for a Lead Engineer on a fixed term contract position, with the potential of going permanent for the right person.
The role entails coordinating and conducting all routine preventative and reactive asset maintenance to ensure safe operation and equipment reliability to meet production demands. It also involves managing routine maintenance, spare parts inventory and expediting additional spares or support requirements to deliver the equipment back to production within agreed timescales.
You will work closely with OEM’s and other contract service providers, and you will lead the site maintenance strategy focusing on equipment and process reliability and continuous improvement.
As lead Maintenance Engineer, you are required to monitor asset performance and maintenance effectiveness accounting for unacceptable loss identifying and prioritising areas for continuous improvement focus. Developing and implementing improvement actions following Root Cause problem solving, networking with OEM’s and service providers.
Your role as Lead M aintenance Engineer will involve…
- Ensuring all site manufacturing and equipment is fully compliant with respect to technical safety legislation, testing and inspections.
- Tracking, analysing and reporting, asset reliability performance and issues to identify maintenance and equipment improvement needs.
- Leading on asset and equipment technical issues, resolution through fault finding and problem solving with the support of manufacturing resources, OEM’s and contract service providers
- Identification of critical spares, ordering and maintaining inventory to agreed stock levels
- Maintaining site and equipment housekeeping in compliance to agreed standards.
- Supporting capital project plans including site preparation work, equipment installation and commissioning, technical training and planning and scheduling of asset life-cycle plans.
- Site capital project lead, with responsibility for all aspects of project delivery supported by the UK Engineering team.
- Hands on technical support for site improvement initiatives.
What we would like you to have…
- Qualified multi-skilled maintenance technician/engineer
- Manufacturing experience with evidence of PPM implementation, delivery and control.
- Experienced in Continuous Improvement methodology
- Ability to handle stock control, and supplier communication and correspondence via a variety of integrated business systems…… click apply for full job details
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Advertising Agency