Location Bonkle, Newmairns, Wishaw, ML2 9BY (19 miles from Glasgow)
Salary From £32,492 rising to £35,576 per annum
Welcome and retention bonus – £1,000 after probation, £1,000 after 12 months, £1,000 after 2 years
Hours Full Time 38.5 hours per week
The service operates with a multi-disciplinary team, to provide a high quality specialist services for people who have neuro disability or acquired brain injury. All of our services follow a multi-disciplinary treatment model, we are committed to providing innovative models of care throughout the service.
The centre provides a 47 bedded service which is divided into 2 units: –
BIRC (Brain Injury Rehabilitation Centre) Unit is a 21 bedded Specialist Neurological Rehabilitation Unit. Our multidisciplinary team work to deliver a rehabilitation programme for residents following brain injury, with a view to enabling them to become as independent as possible. Residents are discharged home or to another setting, such as our Neurological Care Unit.
NCC (Neurological Care Centre) Unit is a 26 bedded unit and caters for residents who have been identified as having neurological conditions that require longer term care provision
When you join The Huntercombe Group …
We offer you a rewarding career because our Staff Nurses are highly respected and valued as key members of our team. You will be part of a company that is understanding, strives towards excellence, is innovative, reliable and accessible and above all, puts people first.
We want you to help to shape how we deliver care and so our ‘Conversation into Action’ programme actively encourages everyone to get involved and make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, by supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions and so drive change for the better.
We will also offer …
Welcome bonus £1000 Year (following successful completion of your 3 month probationary period)
Reimbursement for NMC registration fees
Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
Relocation allowance of up to £8000
We will support you with …
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Support for revalidation
Support to study for a MSc
Professional support through Nurses forum
Other benefits include …
Generous annual leave entitlement
Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
A company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay, (up to a maximum salary of £50k)
2 weeks paid paternity leave
Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
A range of staff discounts
Your day to day duties will include …
* Acting as Primary Nurse to a small number of patients, taking overall responsibility for the nursing input they receive, through nursing assessments and care planning.
* Contributing towards MDT working, by providing nursing knowledge and inputs to a range of MDT processes
* Providing written nursing reports for a range of statutory and clinical review processes such as CPA’s, MHA Hospital Managers Hearings and First Tier MHA Review Tribunals.
* Contributing to risk assessment and management, to enable positive risk taking and care pathway planning.
* Contributing towards a programme of on-going clinical improvement, through participation is CPD events, governance and audit arrangements.
You will have…
* A current NMC registration and adhere to the NMC Codes of Conduct at all times
* Have a person centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference
* Have the ability to motivate, lead and supervise a team
* Be able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
* Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service
* Have a desire to expand your professional development and support organisational change
* Have a legal right to work in the UK
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency