Officer 2, Environment Team x 2
• Location: Bangor
• Grade & Salary: G5, £30,873 rising to £34,218 over three years
• Post number: 200230 & 200226
• Type of contract: Fixed term until 31 March 2022
• Work pattern: 30 hours per week
Closing date: 5 December 2021
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
This is an exciting opportunity to undertake a varied role delivering the multifunctional remit across environment management, agriculture, fisheries, conservation or biodiversity for the Environment Team in Môn & Arfon.
This role will focus on delivering the NRW remit related to environment management and regulation. An environmental background will be required.
The post holder will play a defined role to achieve sustainable management of natural resources in North West Wales Place through supporting team activities such as compliance monitoring related to permit conditions, advice to internal and external partners and developing and supporting partnerships and projects that deliver SMNR outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills
1. A good working knowledge of environment management, agriculture, fisheries, conservation or biodiversity, with focused experience in one of these distinct areas of the team remit.
2. An understanding of how these multi-functional teams can contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources.
3. Ensure continuing professional and personal development, expertise and competence through formal and informal learning and certification.
4. Strong and effective self-management and organisational skills.
5. The ability to influence, negotiate and gain cooperation of others. Experience of dealing successfully with difficult people/situations is important.
6. The ability to use specialised IT systems, such as GIS or NRW customised applications.
7. Able to work well as part of a team.
8. Hold a current full UK valid licence to drive NRW fleet vehicles. (cars and vans)
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company