Officer 2, Environment Team
• Location: Monmouth or Abergavenny
• Grade & Salary: 5, £30,120 rising to £33,383 over four years
• Post number: 202101
• Type of contract: Fixed term for 2 years
• Work pattern: Full time, 37 hours a week
Closing date: 31 August 2020
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care, childcare vouchers and salary sacrifice schemes.
With more exciting things happening here at NRW than ever before, the diverse nature of our remit means that no two days are ever the same.
If you are an organised, conscientious, hardworking individual, who is passionate about making a difference for the environment, then we’ve got the job for you!
As an officer within the Monmouthshire and Torfaen Environment Team we are looking for someone to undertake environmental regulation and incident investigations. You will be investigating pollution incidents and supporting enforcement measures, directly regulating through permit compliance inspections, securing effective management of sites through advice and guidance, delivery of NRWs biodiversity remit through provision of internal advice to other teams/functions and direct or partnership delivery of projects to improve the environment.
You will be field and office based, you will need to write reports, collect evidence and engage with a variety of stakeholders in the private and public sectors. The ability to communicate well both in writing and verbally is therefore essential for this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and professional officer who can work at a fast pace, often to tight deadlines and who is able to effectively prioritise their workload to deliver more for the environment. If this sounds like you – apply now!
Qualifications and Skills
• A good working knowledge of environment management, agriculture, fisheries, conservation or biodiversity, with focused experience in one of these distinct areas of the team remit.
• An understanding of how these multi-functional teams can contribute to the sustainable management of natural resources,
• Ensure continuing professional and personal development, expertise and competence through formal and informal learning and certification.
• Strong and effective self-management and organisational skills.
• The ability to influence, negotiate and gain cooperation of others. Experience of dealing successfully with difficult people / situations is important.
• The ability to use specialised IT systems, such as GIS or NRW customised applications.
• Able to work well as part of a team.
• Hold a current full UK valid licence to drive NRW fleet vehicles (cars and vans).
For more information, please visit our website.
TO APPLY PLEASE CLICK THE APPLY NOW BUTTON AND YOU WILL BE REDIRECTED TO BEGIN THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Company