Our client is a physical Oil trading and supply company who are looking to bring a Product Control Analyst into their team based in London. They have a strong track-record of growth and a strong entrepreneurial approach.
The ideal candidate will have an accounting/product control background in a company that has actual stock; with experience dealing with physical products and not solely from a practice. The successful candidate will demonstrate previous experience dealing with KPI’s, variance reports, performance analysis etc.
As Product Control Analyst, you will focus on P&L reporting and the responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Responsibility for the preparation and production of the daily P&L reporting process and timely provision of monthly key performance indicators to enable the business team to understand and manage commercial & trading performance, including daily volumetric exposure, stock control, P&L reporting, analysis, limit monitoring and monthly MI (Management Information) to MA (Management Accounts) reconciliations;
- Close liaison with sales desks and traders in contract locations to ensure data is accurate and timely; and, with the physical operations teams for reviewing all stock movements, either in tank, barges, waterborne, in pipe, etc (delivered or to be delivered);
- Help to implement process and system improvements to streamline activities performed by core team and enable increased focus on results analysis;
- Reviewing and checking daily physical and paper transactions have been posted correctly, are within Trading Delegations of Authority, and also to ensure the hedging is carried out correctly each day;
- Proactively providing to the business beneficial commercial analysis. Specifically, monthly commercial performance measures, fixed cost reporting and analysis, analysis of pricing and basis risk around physical operations;
- Stock control; To analyse the operative performance of our barges (loadings, deliveries, transfers, loss control) and terminals and look for cost reduction opportunities;
- Ensuring integrity of data through the implementation and use of suitable controls;
- Maintenance of suitable infrastructure in support of business growth;
- Assisting with the month end close process;
- Help coordinate and review the proper flow of necessary documentation, e.g. for validation purposes etc;
- Add hoc (financial) analysis and reporting, as requested;
- General administrative duties. Maintaining suitable and robust audit trails.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Degree, or equivalent, in Finance/Engineering/Mathematics or similar high numeracy discipline
- Accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA) preferred; GARP ERP preferred.
- Relevant work-based Product Control/Accounting experience ideally within the oil industry or company with a physical stock inventory.
- Strong understanding of risks and P&L attribution;
- Excellent communication and relationship management skills, internationally across the group; and, externally;
- Track record of improving existing procedures;
- Experience in physical oil operations;
- Experience of managing or supporting business growth;
- Working under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Fast learner, active thinker who can gain an in-depth knowledge of the business and detailed familiarization of the daily reports. To identify easily when something doesn’t look or feel right;
- Able to take and maintain an independent approach and challenge where appropriate;
- Good Excel capabilities.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency