Morpheus Group are proud to be working with one of the leading insurers within the London Market.
The purpose of the role is to work within the central team offering consultancy expertise in Operational Excellence (OPEX), process design and controls effectiveness in support of business and regulatory change initiatives, aligned to Our client’s defined Operational Excellence Framework.
The role holder’s responsibilities will include the initial scoping of potential project activity, clearly defining the business issues to address and the appropriate approach to take, conducting root cause analysis, process modelling, data analysis and diagnosis, process design, building a compelling case for change through designed recommendations and where required, providing oversight and implementation support.
An element of the Operational Excellence Practitioner role is to act as a consultant and advocate of the Operational Excellence team in all dealings with project team members, our colleagues from across the organisation, external suppliers and stakeholders of all levels. This includes upholding and promoting the methodologies, disciplines and standards defined within the Operational Excellence Framework.
Our client has embarked upon a series of initiatives to enhance its Operational Excellence disciplines, which will support its control environment development, effectiveness and efficiency. Working within the Operational Excellence Team, this role will support the execution of the current portfolio of initiatives, owning assigned project deliverables and where required, the delivery of an allocated workstream. Depending on the portfolio of work and the size and scope of the project, the role holder may also be required to act as Project Manager and lead specific projects of work.
The Operational Excellence Team consists of a blend of Permanent, Contract and Consultant resources engaged to support our business demands.
Key Responsibility and Results Areas
The role has responsibility across a number of core areas:
- Act as part of a team delivering process enhancement expertise and to drive the development of Our client’s process ownership and excellence culture;
- Use a range of tools and techniques covering Standardisation, Problem Solving, Performance Management, Client Intimacy, Lean Leadership & Employee Engagement to drive process improvement;
- Undertake diagnostic activity, including: Voice of the customer, current state process mapping, basic current state operating model/org structure, workplace waste observations (bottom-up), identification of automation (RPA) opportunities, capacity and demand analysis, skills assessment, performance management analysis, and data analysis to support process re-engineering initiatives;
- Project Manage deliverables to ensure accountability to the Customer including the development of a project charter, project plans and reporting on status. Ensure the management of risks and issues;
- Closely manage Stakeholders, Sponsors and any project dependencies/interdependencies to ensure outcomes are aligned and effective transition to BaU ownership;
- Act as an advocate for, and technical expert/advisor of Our client’s Operational Excellence Framework, providing guidance across all Our client’s legal entities in the modelling, analysis design and management of processes. Work closely with Risk and Compliance, and ensure framework alignment to regulatory and market developments;
The Operating Environment and Context of the Job
The role reports to the Operational Excellence Leader who reports to the Head of Operational Excellence & Risk Management within Our client Corporate Services.
The role may also have a matrixed reporting line into project and programme managers as required
The Operational Excellence and Risk Management Function also has responsibility for supporting the first line in overseeing Operational Risk and Controls, and as such, all team members have a role to play in assessing and understanding developing legislation and regulation and Our client’s response to such.
The combined skillsets within the team are complementary in supporting the functions to manage areas of operational risk and to target Operational Excellence.
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills across all levels of the organisation
- Experience in working in demanding project environments – Ability to secure results while dealing with competing demands
- Dealing with Ambiguity – Comfortable in fluid, ambiguous environments; Pragmatic and solutions-driven
- Business Awareness – Good standard of business and commercial awareness with industry knowledge and experience
- Relationship Building – Ability to build and maintain strong, cohesive working relationships with senior stakeholders
- Accountability/Delivery – Strong sense of prioritisation and execution against critical deliverables, coupled with a sense of personal ownership for key projects deliverables
- Influencing and Negotiation Skills – Work collaboratively with the business to drive changes to the way we work, bringing experience and knowledge of Insurance processes
- Experience in the industry market with an excellent understanding of Risk measures and internal controls standards
- Operational Excellence experience across the full range of disciplines and methodologies including Six Sigma, Lean and Business Architecture
- Relevant professional qualifications – Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Competency Framework, Business Analysis Standards etc.
– Reporting to the Operational Excellence Leader, this role will work closely with;
– The Head of Operational Risk Management;
– External Consultants engaged to provide advisory services;
– Legal Entity Compliance and Operations Leaders;
– Internal Risk, IT and Finance;
– Operational Excellence Leader and Team members;
– Other key roles specific to the assigned project
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency