Walker Morris is a distinctive law firm valued by our clients for consistently achieving excellent results. We believe our distinctiveness is based on the quality of the services we deliver to our clients, our unique culture and the engagement of our partners and our high calibre lawyers.
We are a top UK 100 full service commercial law firm, based in Leeds, focused on providing our clients both in the UK and Internationally with partner-led, high quality, insightful advice. Our single centre of excellence has significant advantages in terms of developing a strong team-based, collaborative culture, with the inherent cost effectiveness that a Leeds base brings.
We are now currently recruiting for a Paralegal to join our Real Estate team at our head office in Leeds.
About the Role
Reporting into the Director of Real Estate, your role will be to provide effective administration and legal support to the partner and other fee earners in the department.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Handling own caseload of files (where appropriate) from instruction, to issuing proceedings and enforcement and under the supervision of a more senior fee earner
- Undertake certain elements of fee earning work under supervision. In particular; file creation, generation of suitable client care correspondence, completion of client questionnaires, drafting of petition/court documentation;
- Attendance at routine meetings/interlocutory hearings.
- Deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications.
- Manage the collation of matter start and matter completion data by agreement with the fee earners in the Department.
- General administrative tasks, including monthly reporting on cases for client purposes and invoicing of files.
- Deputise for fee earners in their absence if necessary, passing urgent issues to another senior fee earner for guidance.
- Provide support to other fee earners as required
- Report immediately to the Partner on any issue/complaint re: professional conduct and/or client dissatisfaction and/or potential negligence or negative costs implications for the firm
Skills and experience:
- Hold a law degree or non-law degree plus GDL
- LPC would be preferable
- Previous Real Estate experience is essential
- Demonstrate focus and commitment to work duties
- Display a professional and assertive approach
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be self-motivated with a high level of enthusiasm and commitment
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to operate flexibly and as part of a team
What do we offer?
- A highly competitive salary and annual pay reviews
- Auto-enrolment into our pension plan
- State of the art building facilities
- Cyle to work scheme, Life assurance, Option to bull and sell holidays and a lot more….
If you are interested about all of the above, please feel free to contact us and apply now….
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency