The Performance Testing Coordinator will work in the Global Engineering Group within the Marketing and Technology business division and reports directly to a Senior Engineer. This group delivers a high quality and innovative service providing product performance testing and engineering solutions to Technology. Technology has responsibility for the development and deployment of new products for our customers.
The Performance Testing Coordinator is responsible for designing and organising these activities from interpreting Technologies needs through to the engine inspection and reporting. You will work closely with the OEMs, key suppliers and customers. The variety of work will provide the successful candidate with a great opportunity to develop both technical and non-technical skills. The Global Performance Testing team conducts field tests in various applications such as Heavy-Duty Trucks, Passenger Cars, Stationary Gas, Marine, Motorcycle, etc. Knowledge in the Marine and Stationary Gas applications are beneficial but not a requirement for this role.
Training will be provided where required.
Key Outputs: What we can expect from you
- Work closely with internal customers to design and coordinate the field tests
- Setting up field trials in various applications based on need
- Project management and analysis of the results
- Responsible for delivery, reporting and stewardship
- Travel within Europe and constant contact within the OEM industry, engine labs, vehicle drivers and field trial sites
What skills will you gain from this role?
- Knowledge on product development
- Development of negotiation and influencing skills
- Knowledge on engine and future engine development
- Program management skills as related to the management of multiple programs
- Leadership skills as related to the supervision of engine dismantling & inspection activities
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Knowledge of engines across various applications (Marine and Stationary Gas highly beneficial)
- Well organised and focused
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Work collaborative and well within a team but also can work autonomously
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment, with different cultures and demonstrate a strong commitment to safety
- Excellent communication skills
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency