1st Select Are working in partnership with a consultancy who are looking to strengthen their Health and Safety team by recruiting an Principal Designer to advise their clients within the education and health sector. The sucessful candidate will be home based.
Company: A Multi-Disciplinary consultancy with over 1000 employees. Working nationwide the CDM/Principal Designer team are part of a wider multi-disciplined team of property professionals which have won numerous awards for the projects they have conducted. Clients include Education, higher education, health and councils.
Role: The successful candidate will plan, manage, monitor and coordinate health and safety in the pre-construction phase taking account of relevant information that might affect design work carried out both before and after the construction phase has started. You will also be acting as a heath and safety consultant on projects like social distancing at schools etc (Covid-19 related). Most work will be refurbishment projects up to £1.5M
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
• Carrying out of Principal Designer duties in line with the requirements of the regulations
• Providing clients with detailed fee proposals and co-ordinating project/service delivery
• Providing accurate and pragmatic health and safety advice, guidance and support to clients
and their professional teams
• Attending project meetings and undertaking site inspections
• Building and maintaining good working relationships with clients, design teams and
Ideal but not essential Requirements:
• NEBOSH Construction and/or General Certificate
• NVQ Level 4/5 Occupational Health & Safety (or working towards it)
• Relevant Design Qualification (desirable but not essential)
• Be a member of a relevant professional body (i.e. Association for Project Safety)
• Graduate Membership of IOSH (minimum)
• Client facing experience
• Demonstrable experience of working and advising clients during construction projects
• Proficiency in using Microsoft programmes
• Good oral & written communication skills.
• Commitment to Bowman Riley policies and values
• Adaptable, self-motivated, enthusiastic & hard working.
* Up to £55,000 + Car
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency