Production Maintenance Engineering Manager
Woolston and Segensworth
We have a great career opportunity for an experienced person to manage a team of 12 shift Engineers maintaining our production assets combining a mix of existing and brand-new production lines.
The role involves: –
* Lead, manage and support a team of shift engineers including team leaders providing engineering cover up to 24 hours per day within a fmcg environment.
* Develop, prioritise and manage PPM schedules and breakdown workloads keeping breakdown times on key assets to a minimum.
* Work closely with the Technical Director on new asset acquisition, installation and commissioning.
* Manage all team HR requirements including recruitment, performance management, training, holiday planning, disciplinaries.
* Ensure work is conducted within all legislative and quality standards including H&S, BRC and ISO requirements.
* To maintain uptime of site assets to maximise production output in line with our company order book.
* Monitoring of implementation of new industrial equipment.
* Oversee external providers of specialist services.
* Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
* Regular participation in training sessions with manufacturers of industrial equipment (mainly Germany & Italian).
* Demonstrated extensive experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment, such as food and drink, chemicals, pharmaceutical or high-volume continuous process manufacturing.
* Background within an electrical/mechanical production/manufacturing environment.
* HNC/HND/MechEng Qualifications (Desired).
* Experience at managing a technical team across different levels.
* Successful track-record of delivery of plans with demonstrated experience of downtime reduction.
* Excellent problem-solving skills with solution-based thinking.
* Demonstrated ‘Can Do’ attitude.
* Excellent organisation, analytical, and decision-making skills.
* Strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
* Commercial awareness.
As a continuously growing Company we offer
* Competitive Salary
* Health Cash Plans
* Additional 8 hours pay as a ‘Birthday Gift’ in your birthdate month.
* An additional one-day holiday for each completed year of service up to 5 extra days per year.
* £500 sign on bonus after 6 months of employment
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Subsidised Canteen
* Opportunities for continued career growth in a growing Company.
If this position sounds interesting to you or to someone you know, please contact Tiffe on (phone number removed)
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency