Please note that I am not looking for support from any agency on this role, If CVs are received or calls made then they will not be acknowledged****
In a highly competitive world, Pro-Pak Foods has successfully grown to become one of the best known suppliers of Ready Meals. Every day, we cook upwards of 150,000 delicious ready meals based on around 200 different recipes, and we are developing new ones all the time in partnership with our customers.
I am recruiting for an exciting role as a Production Planner to be part of a close knit team of three, if you like a challenge and love to work as a team to take on new opportunities and drive the business forward then this opportunity could be just for you. We produce chilled and ambient ready meals for major multiples.
We are currently looking for a production planners to work within all areas, including; Short-Life Chilled Ready Meals, Long-Life-Chilled Ready Meals, and Sleeving planning..
This role reports to the Planning Manager.
Days of work are on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and the core hours of work are 10am – 10pm with 1 hour paid lunch. Flexibility is essential for this role as depending on the business requirements, working hours may vary.
As a successful candidate you will:
* Be resilient and able to deal with challenges and changes as they come at you in a positive way.
* Be adaptable: job rotation is common within the planning department, you will gain experience in all areas that the planning team covers. This is crucial for covering annual leave.
* Actively manage data that will feed into daily production plans.
* Issue daily production plans and consider medium and long term goals.
* Be proactive not reactive. We have to consider a lot of elements when planning such as shelf life, fluctuating sales forecasts, line capacity/availability, clean downs, allergens, equipment availability and ingredient lead time. Therefore, you will need to confidently lock off productions plans in advance knowing that you have considered all of these factors.
* Have excellent attention to detail, we work with manual systems and there isn’t currently a computer system to help us so excellent excel skills are required.(V Lookups, pivot tables etc)
* Proactively manage stocks and liaise with the relevant departments to resolve any issues.
* Have good problem solving skills and make quick decisions for situations such as breakdowns / raw material shortages etc.
* Maintain our mainly excel based systems and be able to use it to report key facts and figures to management when requested such as stock holding levels.
* Work with other departments to plan and successfully execute product launches.
* Escalate complex issues to the planning manager to deal with.
* Be a great communicator and be able to work confidently and independently.
* Ideally be experienced at production planning with chilled food
* Have proficient excel skills required and a willingness to learn new IT systems.
This opportunity offers progressions and development for the right person
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency