Our Client is looking to recruit a Claims Technician to join their Professional Risks team. You will be responsible for delivering a high quality professional advice service to a broad range of professional clients (for example: Solicitors, Accountants, Architects, Healthcare Organisations, etc.) regarding any of their claims issues.
The successful candidate will liaise with clients, insurers and other interested parties to expedite claims and effectively manage your clients’ expectations where appropriate. You will handle your own portfolio of claims from receipt of notification of loss through to conclusion.
- Offer appropriate technical advice to clients throughout the duration of the claim, whilst being encouraging, compassionate and effectively handle their expectations.
- Guide clients seamlessly through the claim process by adhering to timescales, interpreting policies and obtaining information regarding legal liability and quantum.
- Process all claim notifications, further advices and collections in accordance with the Claims Division’s procedures
- Advise and update clients on all meaningful events and discussions during the claim, ensuring to uphold a high level of client satisfaction.
- Reviewing and interpreting policy wordings for each claim scenario and providing advocacy on behalf of clients to secure cover for their claims where possible.
- Regularly assess the status of claims with clients / insurers / recovery agents / solicitors (as applicable) and ensure that all parties are informed of progress or chased for updates as necessary.
- Ensure market/ insurance/ legislation and other technical knowledge is developed and maintained to enable efficient claims handling.
- Update Business systems regularly and ensure that data held is 100% accurate at all times to facilitate accurate claims reporting.
- Upload and document all correspondence, contemporaneous notes of telephone conversations and meetings to each claim file within SLAs.
- Ensure that claims statistics, when required by the client, Placing Department or insurers on risk, are accurate and produced in accordance to SLAs
- You will liaise with your Line Manager regarding any issues, queries or areas of concern which may arise. Ensuring you bring to your Line Manager’s attention any complaints (in addition to following the company’s general complaints procedure)
- Educated to Degree standard or equivalent. Cert CII/ Dip CII (Chartered Insurance Institute) qualification desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience or a genuine interest/desire to work within the insurance industry with a specific claims handling focus.
- You will need to be someone with a strong customer service focus along with excellent planning and analytical skills.
- Identify potential risk/issues and seek advice/consultation when required. Apply due diligence and process adherence accompanied by high accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and takes initiative when assisting team members.
- Excellent administrative skills and task focused.
- MS office proficiency.
If you wish to apply for the above position, please do so and a member of our team at GB Resource Consulting will be in touch to discuss the role in further detail with you.
GB Resource Consulting is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency