In this role, you will be responsible for the quality of the company’s programmes globally, ensuring that the work they do is world class – relevant and effective. The company plays an important role in increasing the effectiveness of humanitarian action and the quality of their work is critical to that mission. To achieve this, you will balance a deep understanding of adult learning and organisational development, a total commitment to quality, an empathy and ability to engage colleagues, and a proactive yet pragmatic approach.
You will lead a team responsible for the quality and effectiveness, monitoring and evaluation, and the management of the company’s Members and Associate consultants. You will also represent the company externally, building strong relationships with partner organisations.
As Q and E Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the procedure, processes and supporting resources that will be used across the company’s programmes to ensure that their work best meets the needs of humanitarian actors. This starts with ensuring that they are responding accurately to need through supporting a programme of targeted and well managed needs assessments. You will work in collaboration with programme teams and lead your team to manage the range, relevance and quality of their face to face and distance learning materials, as well as resources to ensure that they deliver world class coaching, mentoring, consultancy and facilitation. Your team will manage their consultants through the management of a combined pool of members and associate trainers. You will lead the organisational drive for continuous improvement through efficient and insightful monitoring evaluation and learning, as well as understanding and demonstrating the company’s impact.
As Q and E Manager, you will be responsible for a team of three staff and be responsible for developing and implementing annual workplans and budgets that contribute to the company’s strategy. You will be accountable for staff safety, welfare and conduct for your team, including their work in the UK or overseas.
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity you will have:
Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a relevant subject e.g. quality assurance, learning and development, or a similar humanitarian/development related field
- At least 6 years’ experience in working on quality assurance or programme effectiveness, preferably in humanitarian/development operations including, including at least 3 years’ management experience
- Deep knowledge of Learning and Development methodologies with substantial direct experience of design and implementation of a broad range of learning initiatives and activities.
- Knowledge of MEAL methodology and significant experience of design and implementation of MEAL systems
- Project and programme management skills, including experience in context, problem and log frame analysis and of managing a large and complex programme.
- Excellent skills in budget preparation, monitoring and financial management procedures.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- Experience of managing a team and creating a results-orientated environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organisation and externally.
- Confidence and ability to represent the company externally including public speaking as necessary.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to difficult/insecure locations.
- (Desirable) Fluency in another language (e.g. Spanish, Arabic, French)
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency