Programmes Quality & Effectiveness Manager
£36,000 to £37,000
Reality Recruitment are looking for a Programmes Quality & Effectiveness Manager to join an international disaster relief charity which saves lives by giving aid workers the vital skills they need to do their jobs to the highest possible standard.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the quality of the company’s programmes globally, ensuring that the work done is world class – relevant and effective.
You’ll balance a deep understanding of adult learning and organisational development, a total commitment to quality, an empathy and ability to engage colleagues, and a proactive yet pragmatic approach.
You will lead a team responsible for the quality and effectiveness, monitoring and evaluation. You will represent the company externally, building strong relationships with partner organisations.
You’ll work in collaboration with programme teams and lead your team to manage the range, relevance and quality of face to face and distance learning materials, as well as resources to ensure the delivery of world class coaching, mentoring, consultancy and facilitation. Your team will manage consultants through the management of a combined pool of members and associate trainers.
As Q and E Manager, you will be responsible for a team of three staff and be responsible for developing and implementing annual workplans and budgets that contribute to the charity’s strategy.
You will be accountable for staff safety, welfare and conduct for your team, including their work in the UK or overseas.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead on the design and implementation of a plan to continuously develop capacity development services. This should include blended programmes and innovative learning methodologies.
* Oversee the development of new curricula and updating of existing curricula, and the development of new services and support staff and consultants to implement these through information and training
* Lead your team to ensure fit for purpose tools and platforms for providing effective learning programmes, including digital learning.
* Identify and realise opportunities to enhance capacity development services through liaising with partners and playing a key role in proposal development.
* Provide technical advice and quality assurance for the continuous improvement of capacity development services
* Be the organisation’s lead authority, providing technical advice, in programme and project design. This will include needs assessments, training, e-learning, coaching, mentoring, simulations, organisational capacity building, monitoring and evaluation of interventions.
* Lead on the integration of global standards on learning and assessments in the sector in quality assurance processes and systems.
* Degree level qualification or equivalent, preferably in a relevant subject e.g. quality assurance, learning and development, or a similar humanitarian/development related field
* At least 6 years’ experience in working on quality assurance or programme effectiveness, preferably in humanitarian/development operations including, including at least 3 years’ management experience
* Deep knowledge of Learning and Development methodologies with substantial direct experience of design and implementation of a broad range of learning initiatives and activities.
* Knowledge of MEAL methodology and significant experience of design and implementation of MEAL systems
* Project and programme management skills, including experience in context, problem and log frame analysis and of managing a large and complex programme.
* Excellent skills in budget preparation, monitoring and financial management procedures.
* Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to adapt to different contexts.
* Experience of managing a team and creating a results-orientated environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to influence across the organisation and externally.
* Confidence and ability to represent the charity externally including public speaking as necessary.
* An enterprising, creative, goal-orientated and can-do-attitude.
* Ability and willingness to travel internationally, sometimes to difficult/insecure locations.
* Fluency in spoken and written English
* Computer literate with good MS Office Skills.
* (Desirable) Fluency in another language (eg Spanish, Arabic, French)
Apply today or call one of the team at Reality Recruitment for more info
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency