Project Manager Business Transformation Global Travel Business
As part of a seasoned central project delivery team that has been built to manage the delivery of the more complex, cross functional projects and programmes. You will be expected to work within an agreed delivery framework and have accountability for all aspects for a multitude of projects including managing the costs, timescales, scope, resources and benefits.
As the Project Manager you will be managing a number of projects concurrently and should be able to lead them from initiation through to closure. You will be expected to be comfortable managing all types of projects including changes to processes, operating model, behavioural/business change or data and reporting.
- Build and lead the project team to efficiently manage the delivery of the projects. Drive activity to ensure that deadlines are met and outputs are achieved.
- Establish the appropriate governance to ensure that robust decision making is taking place – i.e. the correct people are making decisions at the correct times.
- Work within the delivery framework ensuring that all required documentation is produced, control gates are passed and all necessary approvals are in place.
- Define objectives, solutions, benefits and identify the resources and budget requirements to be able to develop a structured business case. Ensure that this remains valid throughout the life of the project. Make sure that the full impact of the solution on the business has been identified and is being mitigated.
- Ensure that project controls are in place to manage the project scope, budget, timescales, resources, risks / issues and quality. Manage interdependencies, resource constraints and mitigation of risks and issues.
- Implement an appropriate stakeholder management and communications plan to ensure that progress, decisions and risks are transparent.
- Ensure all project reporting is completed in a timely manner and at a consistent standard to ensure all key stakeholders are kept informed of programme progress, risks, issues etc.
- Experience of managing highly complex projects. Proven planning and organisational skills.
- Understands and can demonstrate application of key project management governance, controls, responsibilities, methods, life-cycles, tools and techniques, to plan and deliver operational execution.
- Able to deploy best practice project management and business change theory as appropriate..
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management abilities. Able to handle conflict and knows when to escalate.
- Comfortable handling multiple projects and competing priorities while operating in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly.
- Able to develop and implement detailed plans.
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. MSP, Prince2, APM, PMI etc.) desirable.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency