I. Essential Functions:
As a key member of the client relationship team, the Proposal Lead is responsible for project management of the proposal process, including leadership of cross-functional teams to scope opportunities and gain key stakeholder review and approval, as appropriate. The role also includes the pricing, margin analysis and generation of proposals, to deliver quality and on-time Quotations to Clients.
II. Specific Duties, Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Follows the proposal process and liaises with Project Management, BD, Clients, and Management/Key Stakeholders on the generation of, and pricing for, Quotations/QARs.
- Facilitates communication between functional areas of the organization (ie. BD, Project Management, Operations, Quality, Finance, etc) to ensure on-time delivery of Quotations / proposals that are accurate and executable in terms of technical scope and meet costing / business margin targets.
- Works with all Operations functions to determine the most optimal and cost effective development/manufacturing/packaging methods and to request pricing on any additional items to support quotation generation, as needed.
- Communicates directly with client contacts and leads and/or participates in client meetings, as needed to support the Proposal / BD process.
- Works collaboratively and professionally in accordance with the global processes and to support global objectives.
- Works with BD, Operations, and Finance to produce optimal value pricing solutions, as appropriate for proposals managed.
- May be required to maintain customer templates, as appropriate.
- Responds to specific feedback on pricing for clients / proposals managed.
- May participate in team initiatives.
III. Position Requirements:
Education or Equivalent:
- Life Sciences Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or business degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Min. 1-3 years+ industry experience.
- Project management experience is preferable.
- Understanding of the contract development / research, pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
- Knowledge and experience in cGMP and regulated working environments.
- Client related experience and good client facing skills – drives to meet, and indeed exceed, client expectations.
- Self-motivated and able to lead, follow-up and drive projects to completion.
- Must be computer literate, and proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, etc.
- Prioritization skills and managing multiple projects.
- Works well under pressure.
- Good communication (verbal and written), presentation, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Problem solving skills, mathematical abilities / finance skills.
- Business/commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated and able to lead, follow-up and drive Quotations/QARs to completion, with coaching and support as needed.
- Supports, and may lead, process improvement initiatives, as assigned.
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency