Publishing Manager – Standards
Looking to challenge yourself as a Publishing Manager? Could you engage with global stakeholders and help them to determine what business excellence looks like? If so, read on.
We’re BSI, the business standards company that helps organizations all over the world make excellence a habit. For more than a century, we’ve been showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth.
Standards define best practice in many different areas and play a key part in enabling companies to maximise their effectiveness and efficiency. Our teams help to develop and review these standards, collaborating with subject matter experts and industry leaders to unlock the potential of businesses around the world.
Now, we’re looking for a Publishing Manager to join us in Chiswick and oversee the creation of national and international standards.
– Salary of up to £33,000 per annum
– Excellent company-contributed pension scheme
– Company-paid private medical insurance
– A wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
– Take on an exciting role where no two days are the same
– Excellent development opportunities
– 27 days’ annual leave (with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days)
Here at BSI, we make a difference to the world every day, and we need fantastic people to help us continue achieving our goals. As such, we invest in our employees and provide them with tailored development plans to help them become leaders in their field.
Within a creative and fast-moving environment, you’ll become a key member of a friendly, forward-thinking team who share ideas and support each other to realise their full potential.
What’s more, we’re based just above Gunnersbury Tube Station, making for an easy commute, or you can use our free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
As the Publishing Manager, you’ll help to develop national and international standards that enable businesses to determine best practice and realise their full potential.
In this challenging, yet highly rewarding role, you’ll project manage, develop and publish a portfolio of standards covering a number of areas.
Working with up to 10 clients at a time, you will:
– Work with stakeholders and industry experts to share knowledge
– Take market needs, user requirements and government policy into account when creating standards
– Research wider industry trends and maintain your knowledge of external market needs
– Effectively manage time and resources to ensure projects are completed within set deadlines
– Work with the Sales and Marketing Departments to write and present new ideas for standards projects
To join us as a Publishing Manager, you’ll need:
– Experience of managing multiple and sometimes complex projects
– To be commercially aware with the ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
– Strong communication, facilitation and relationship-building skills
– The ability to assimilate information quickly
– A keen eye for detail
Editorial and publishing skills would be beneficial, as would knowledge of drafting and editing rules.
Other companies may call this role Project Manager, Publishing Project Manager, Standards Publishing Manager, Policy Publishing Manager, Standards Programme Manager or Governing Standards Project Manager.
Webrecruit and BSI are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you are seeking an exciting new challenge as a Publishing Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency