Job Specification: Purchase Ledger Clerk
We are looking to recruit a confident and motivated person to join our finance team as Purchase Ledger Clerk.
Wixroyd?is one of the UK’s biggest online engineering component suppliers to the engineering industry and mechanical engineers. We have gained a reputation for high quality, innovative products, with year-on-year sales growth.?
Business growth has necessitated a re-location to a bigger, purpose-built warehouse in Chichester and this move offers an exciting opportunity for new staff members to work in a?fast paced?and dynamic work environment, where an employee’s hard work and commitment to the business are?recognised.?
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the Financial Manager the main duties of the Purchase Ledger Clerk include matching and posting invoices, preparing and running BACS payments and reconciling supplier statements. The Purchase Ledger Clerk will work as part of the finance team.
The role of a Purchase Ledger Clerk is to provide a professional and efficient service to the finance function, monitoring how much is owed at all times and providing accurate financial information to the Financial Manager as needed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Matching of delivery notes, checking, coding and posting of supplier invoices
- Managing the Purchase Ledger (reconcile accounts accurately, on a timely basis and provide regular reports to management)
- Checking invoices for VAT
- Making weekly supplier payments via BACS, raise suggested BACS payments reports and execute
- Processing staff expenses
- Setting up of new supplier accounts and maintaining existing account details
- Reconciliation of supplier statements and resolving queries
- Scanning invoices
- Managing petty cash
- Being first point of contact for all relevant enquiries from both suppliers and internal colleagues
- Maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues
- Reviewing systems and processes and making improvements where necessary
- Manage proforma invoice records
- Establish and maintain supplier payment terms
- Manage company’s foreign currency requirements, forward planning & buying where necessary
- Making and reconciling foreign currency payments to suppliers
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent telephone manner
- Solid team working skills
- Hard-working, self-disciplined and efficient
- Flexible and proactive nature
- Excellent computer skills; high competence in Excel essential
- Knowledge of accountancy software packages (knowledge of Pegasus Opera an advantage)
- Demonstrable experience of bookkeeping
- Prior experience in running BACS payment process via internet banking or similar electronic equivalent
- Accurate, efficient and organised with the ability to prioritise tasks as needed
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts
- 3+ years experience in a similar role
- Entry level relevant accountancy qualification, or studying toward relevant accountancy qualification
- Excellent maths skills
- Attention to detail
Salary, Working Hours and Holiday
£21,000 – £23,000 (depending on level of experience)?
- Monday – Friday 8am 4.30pm / 9.30am – 6pm
- 3 months probation period.
- 20 working days paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays).
Start Date: April / May 2019
Location: Chichester, West Sussex
How to Apply:
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Rebecca Bond.
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency