A well known and established manufacturer of cosmetic and personal care products are currently looking to recruit a QC Laboratory Manager for their site based in Somerset.
The position will draw upon previous experience of working within cosmetics, FMCG or the pharmaceuticals industry, having previous experience of both QC and line management of a team of up to 15 technicians.
- Responsible for the recruitment, development and training of the team, ensuring the team area motivated to achieve both Company and Departmental objectives.
- Ensure all Company policies and procedures are understood and adhered to, in accordance with established procedures, analytical & microbiological techniques
- Ensure the team are kept up to date via briefings, one to ones, department updates as necessary.
- Ensure annual reviews are conducted and reviewed regularly.
- Encourage and maintain good working relationship with the site team to ensure Quality standards are met.
- Ensure departmental functions – QC Laboratory, Micro Laboratory are adequately staffed to provide the required level of service to internal and external customers
- Liaise with services providers – equipment suppliers, system suppliers etc – to ensure continuity of supply at agreed costs.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out and documented.
- Organise shift rotas to cover holiday and sickness
- Point of contact for customer complaints / non-conformances.
- Establish root cause of complaints/non-conformances and plan/implement remedial actions. Continuously look at ways to improve and evolve Quality culture
- Management of non-conforming bulks, raw materials and finished goods where laboratory analysis is OOS. Including expired material management.
- Maintaining reagent & equipment stocks
- Host lab audits from Customer, regulators, accreditation bodies, suppliers etc.
- Conduct internal audits – Quality, GMP, Lean, Environment, Glass etc
- Analysis of a wide range of samples & products by all wet chemical, instrumental & microbiological techniques to approved procedures, within requisite timescales.
- To calculate & authorise adjustment of out of specification products.
- Development, review & validation of analytical and microbiological test methods.
Knowledge, skills, experience:
- Experience in Quality role and identified as a Quality specialist.
- Preferably qualified Chemist or similar scientific/engineering based subject
- Previous experience within FMCG environment – minimum of 5 years preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and a logical approach to problem solving
- Preferred expert in validation of micro/process/analytical methods.
- Knowledge of Medical device products/standards
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint plus good understanding of MRP systems
- Experienced Qualified Analytical Chemist (degree calibre)
- Experience of analytical techniques FTIR, HPLC, UV, KF and wet chemistry techniques.
- Experience of microbiological techniques
- Experience of operating under ISO 17025, GLP and CLAS systems an advantage.
- Experience of operating using the ISO 9001, BRC, IFS, HACCP systems an advantage
Employment Type Any
Advertiser Type Agency