Fixed Term Contract
We’re currently seeking a Quality Officer based in and around Warwickshire to work within a state of the art, high output diagnostics laboratory environment as part of the UK’s NHS Test and Trace programme.
As well as playing a vital role in supporting society’s return to a more normal way of life by helping to break the chains of COVID-19 transmission, you will also gain invaluable experience and exposure to some of the country’s most highly skilled individuals in the scientific community.
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also developing first-rate technical skills and setting your Scientific career up for future success.
You will be joining a supportive environment and will be provided with training and accreditation for the role and processes you are required to undertake.
The Quality Officer is responsible for assisting the Quality Manager in the ongoing management of all site Quality and Compliance standards to ensure site ISO accreditation.
- Support the QA Manager in maintaining compliance of the Quality processes and documentation to meet the requirements of the Notified Bodies/UKAS.
- Support continuous improvements in the Quality Management System (QMS) Work with the managers and their teams to maintain all aspects of the QMS e.g. Change Controls, Non Conformities, CAPAs, Customer Complaints
- Provide support as required for all Notified Bodies/UKAS and Client audits.
- Work with other QA staff to provide all the support required by the Operations teams, e.g. Work Instruction review, report review, QA statements, training, quality record review.
- Perform internal audits according to the provided schedule.
In order to be successful, you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- BSc Honours degree in a biological science or related discipline with proven laboratory experience.
- Significant experience of operating within ISO Quality Management Systems of operational laboratory environments.
- Experience with ‘Ideagen Qpulse’ Quality Management System would be a preference
- Experience in liaising with internal and external stakeholders on all areas of quality and compliance.
- Experience in conducting audits and hosting external auditors.
- Experience working within a laboratory setting working to relevant ISO accreditation standards; ISO 15189, ISO 17025, ISO 9001.
- A team player, with good analytical reasoning, customer focus, communication and change orientation in a fast paced environment.
Please note that as a LIMS Administrator, you are not required to have extensive experience across all desirable competencies described above and will be provided with training and accreditation for the roles and processes you are required to undertake. Please note you will also be required to pass BPSS clearance.
You will be joining a diverse and hugely welcoming team. Diversity at NHS Test and Trace is about reflecting the communities we serve, holding the principles of equality and inclusion at the heart of everything we do and all that we stand for, embracing differences, creating possibilities, and growing together. We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our purpose.
This is literally a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a team of highly skilled individuals, all focussed on delivering the best possible outcome. You will also be eligible for a 10% retention bonus.
Please be aware that BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) including a media check, is the required level of screening for all staff working at the Leamington Spa Laboratory.
If you’re ready for a new challenge and want to be part of the team delivering this essential lab work, please apply today.
This job advertisement refers to an assignment with NHS Test and Trace. The Impellam Group is working in partnership with NHS Test and Trace so you will be employed on a fixed term employment basis with an Employing Agency within the Impellam Group and not directly employed by NHS Test and Trace. Employing Agencies belonging to the Impellam Group include SRG, Medacs, Lorien and Blue Arrow. Contractual employment terms and conditions will be set out by the Employing Agency.
Employment Type Contract
Advertiser Type Agency