I am recruiting for an R&D Tax Consultant / Business Research Analyst for a fantastic Tax relief specialist firm in London. This position is offering a basic salary between £28k-£40k DOE.
My client are Research and Development (R&D) tax specialists; they have helped their clients save substantial amounts in tax relief by researching and analysing their businesses, projects and expenditure. These businesses are innovative, technical, IT, scientific so being able to understand complicated businesses and information will be essential.
This is a client facing role which involves meeting with businesses and consulting, researching and analysing the client’s projects/activities and expenditure; working under government guidelines you will then create a technical narrative report which will be submitted to the HMRC.
*In depth training will be provided, no previous knowledge of or R&D is required*
– Develop a strong understanding of government guidelines / legislation and HMRC guidance in regard to R&D activity (previous knowledge of this is not required)
– Meet with senior business owners/leaders virtually and complete in-depth business/project consultation and analysis
– Put together professional reports in a narrative format to include areas such as strategies, reports, briefings, expenditure, benefits
– Conduct overall business analysis including discussions about the shape of a client’s business and the internal processes within it to establish qualifying projects (purpose, problems, solutions, time frames)
– Evaluating qualifying R&D activity present in relation to HMRC guidance and legislation
– Reviewing and interpreting the organisation’s financial accounts
– Formulating a report on key activity and associated qualifying costs
– Thoroughly documenting activity on the company’s internal systems
We are looking for candidates with previous R&D Tax experience OR Architectural experience/qualifications.
Experience of one or more of following would be beneficial:
– Quantitative and qualitative research experience
– Experience working in sectors where R&D is prevalent (e.g. software, manufacturing, technology)
– Experience of working with financial documentation
– Experience of creating professional, well written narrative reports from data/information you have researched
– Technically minded
– Strong analytical skills
– Client facing (virtual) engagement experience
– Ability to interact with clients in a professional and technically competent manner
– Exceptional interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior business owners/leaders
– Strong verbal and written communication proficiency and proven ability to guide stakeholders to achieve common goals
– Attention to detail and robust organisational skills – including time management
– Methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
– Team working skills – along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others from a wide range of backgrounds
– Willingness to learn
**PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE ABOVE PERSON SPECIFICATION **
SALARY AND BENEFITS
-Basic salary of £28k-£40k
-In depth training to be successful in the role
-Opportunity to progress within the business
-Training courses available for upskilling/development
-Fantastic working culture
If you are and interested in this position, please send your cv and Ben Worsley will contact you.
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours your cv has not been selected***
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency