Job title: Group Recruitment Manager
Salary: Circa £35,000 plus competitive benefits package including pension
Today Mears is one of the UK’s leading service providers to both the public and private sector with over 10,000 employees, working with clients to help develop, fund and implement their placemaking ambitions. We currently have an opportunity for a Group Recruitment Manager in Gloucester.
The Group Recruitment Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of a recently insourced Group recruitment solution, utilising the innovative Workday Recruitment system. Our recruitment team is a key pillar to the continued growth of the business. The team has been established to recruit in a sector-specific model: volume recruitment of care operatives, regional recruitment and our other specialist recruitment areas.
Working with Internal Communications and other key stakeholders; the Group Recruitment Manager will internally promote the insourced recruitment service across all business units and externally promote the Mears brand to increase potential quality candidates into the Group. Ensure practices are fit for purpose and delivers on the Groups commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
The Group Recruitment Manager will use the Workday Recruitment system to provide insightful trends and analytics and act upon those to ensure the central service continues to improve. A proven track record in performing proactive searches for professional roles will be an important skill in recruiting for the highest profile roles.
What your role within Mears looks like
As our Group Recruitment Manager you will be ensuring the quality of candidates are appropriately sourced and professionally managed to provide a coordinated approach that delivers value for money.
Team work and leadership will be a huge part of your role, you will be leading and motivating a team of 8 established recruiters.
As an inclusive business we will need you to influence and demonstrate a delivery to the Group’s commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. Alongside this you will be trusted to ensure the candidate database is processed with 100% accuracy and on a timely basis to enable real-time reporting.
We value feedback from both our internal and external stakeholders, you will be tasked with gathering feedback and analysing across various stages of the application process via the ATS.
Travel may be required as part of this role.
The Group Recruitment Manager will liaise with all levels of management throughout the business to achieve the principal accountabilities noted above. Communicating with across a broad range of number of departments and employees across the Company it is essential that the post holder builds effective relationships with all stakeholders.
* Management of Group recruitment team to ensure all web based recruitment carried out in line with internal expectations, with seamless end to end processes;
* Perform and assist in the advertisement and shortlisting of candidates for professional roles;
* Ensure processes for local recruitment are fit for purpose and comply with HR governance requirements;
* Work closely with key internal stakeholders build relationships and enhance trust in the recruitment process and the recruitment team;
* Recruit, develop, mentor and coach the recruitment team, whilst assessing their results against agreed targets (time to hire, quality of hire and cost of hire);
* Demonstrate cost effective recruitment which evidences strong retention rates;
* Effectively develop and manage the relationships with external job advertisement outlets;
* Maintain an awareness of the external market and shifts/scarcity of resource;
* Working with the wider HR team, identify & implement appropriate selection & assessment processes to include assessment centres;
* Understand and ensure sources of recruitment target candidates from diverse backgrounds to promote the Company’s policy on diversity & inclusion, championing social benefits of diversity in the workforce;
* Interface and engage stakeholders at a senior level, providing relevant information analytics, trends and reporting;
* Manage and develop talent attraction strategies to maximize the use of social media and all other branding and recruitment marketing channels, advising branches on how to utilise their local networks;
* Effective recruitment budget management;
* Continually challenging and improving all processes/procedures, ensuring they are simple, lean and robust with no bureaucracy;
* Working with the wider HR team, ensure hiring managers are equipped to hire successfully through providing procedures, coaching and training on recruitment and HR practices;
* Working with the wider HR team, create a resourcing toolkit.
Who is our new Group Recruitment Manager?
We are looking for candidates with knowledge and experience of developing, implementing and maintaining effective recruitment methods and strategies, you should be passionate about great recruitment and looking to make sure hires are ‘right first time’
As the recruitment world is evolving, we need our recruitment manager to be up to date with the latest hiring techniques: internet, search engines, job boards, innovative advertising and social media are all key areas of our recruitment drive.
We have a large work force so a successful track record of delivering recruitment related solutions to large, complex and diverse businesses;
The business is moving forward constantly, we need our Group Recruitment Manager to do the same. We want you to be thinking outside the box and developing new strategies for success and delivering on our needs.
This role would suit anyone who has held any of the positions below:
Head of Talent Acquisition, Recruitment Manager, Manager of Recruiting, Recruiting Manager, Resourcing Manager, Talent Acquisition Manager, Talent Manager, Head of Internal Recruitment, Resource Manager, Resource Lead, Recruitment Lead
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency