It is a really exciting time to join the Reach family. Due to our sustained growth and our ambitious future growth plans, we are now looking for an experienced Reporter to join us, covering Berkshire as part of our network of Live brands.
This role exists to find and report on the stories and issues which matter to our readers in a way which ensures as many people as possible find, discover and respond to our work, helping us to have a positive impact on the local communities we serve.
This position offers flexible working from home but will be required to live in the Berkshire area.
BerkshireLive is the biggest news website in the county and due to Reach’s plans to continue to grow our Live network, we’re looking for a creative and dynamic reporter to help take us to the next level.
You’ll have a passion for live news, producing high quality features and above all delivering creative digital storytelling.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
Please note we will be reviewing applications for this role as applications are submitted. Due to this the role may close without notice, so please don’t delay in your application.
- Find and tell stories about local communities which engages as many readers as possible, or stories which will be of interest to local communities
- Build communities online and in real life to share stories with once published, and engaged with readers about those stories
- Tell stories in many different ways, including (but not limited to) real-time live blogs, article format, video, audio and pictures
- Ensure every piece of content is thoroughly researched and balanced prior to publication, in accordance with the Editor’s Code of practice
- Act up or cover in other roles as and when required by the business
- Uphold Reach’s policy around diversity and inclusion and work to ensure our values around non discrimination are upheld in everything we publish.
The Ideal Candidate
- Digital publishing skills – working a CMS, shooting video, taking pictures. A proven track record for digital storytelling.
- Social media skills – following on social media, track record of building communities on social media
- Passion for digital storytelling in local journalism
- A valid UK driving licence
- NCTJ or equiv qualification but will consider candidates working towards NCTJ or equiv qualification.
- 25 days’ holiday per year when you join. After three, five and ten years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave. We also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Giving back day- an additional day’s leave each year to support a cause close to your heart
- Flexibility – In this role, you’ll be fully remote-working (UK based) giving you more flexibility to balance home and life.
- Enhanced family leave– including maternity, paternity and adoption – and you’ll be eligible after just six months’ employment
- Private Healthcare Cash Plan – free health cash plan so you can claim back cash for a range of medical expenses
- As one of the UK’s top 50 Inclusive Employers everyone’s invited to join our events, programmes and networks to celebrate diversity and build an environment where all our people can thrive
- Wellbeing support – including a 24/7 assistance programme for you and your nearest and dearest, a free subscription to mindfulness app Headspace and access to free mental health coaching through Sanctus
- Awesome career opportunities – you’ll have support from your line manager and a range of learning & development programmes
- We are a FTSE 250 Company, and also a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency