HullLive is here to reboot and refresh digital journalism on our patch.
Our team specialises in brilliant, detailed, ambitious and entertaining storytelling.
Our Journalists love writing in-depth investigative pieces that we know our audience will engage with, as well as more-light hearted content to bring a smile in these trying times.
We have an excellent relationship with our huge audience in Hull, East Yorkshire and beyond and our aim every day is to serve our readers with the news and information they look to us for.
We have two great opportunities for creative and dynamic journalists to join our team; a Senior Reporter with a pedigree in strong, hard-hitting journalism and a Trainee Reporter who we can help provide an outstanding introduction to digital media.
We’re looking for fresh ideas and new perspectives from people from a wide range of backgrounds, and we want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many communities so we can continue to diversify our content.
So, who are we?
We are Reach plc, you might not have heard of us but we have probably met without you even realising it. We are home to the UK and Ireland’s most iconic digital platforms, magazines and newspapers. From the Mirror, Daily Express and OK!, to our regional titles such as the Liverpool Echo, BirminghamLive and the Manchester Evening News (plus lots more), our brands and the stories we cover are as varied as our people. We help all kinds of people share experiences through our stories because we believe this is what makes us human. Oh, and we should probably also mention that with a monthly readership of 47 million people, Reach is the largest commercial publisher in the UK. At Reach, not only will you feel better understood, you will also feel you understand other people better too.
- You will be working as part of a team to produce digital storytelling and to cover live news
- You will have the opportunity to provide live coverage of breaking news
- You will be willing and eager to report via Facebook Live
- You will build strong contacts for story-gathering in our existing and under served communities
- You will be comfortable interviewing, taking pictures and filming when out on the job
- You will love all things social media and use these skills to build audiences and communities, ensuring content in shared on social platforms
The Ideal Candidate
- You are creative and passionate, with an awareness of quality digital storytelling
- You will ideally have an NCTJ-accredited journalism qualification and will use it to generate content which engages local audiences and meets the standards set by Reach
- 100 WPM shorthand
- We want you to tell us the stories you believe are important from our many diverse communities as we seek to grow new audiences
- A driving licence is required for these roles
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday per annum when you join. After three, five and ten
- years’ service with Reach, you’ll accrue one additional day of annual leave
- Enhanced Maternity, Partner and Shared Parental Leave benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
- Simply Health Cash Plan
- A brilliant induction and learning hub
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Technology purchase scheme
- Car purchase scheme
Discounted gym membership
- Lots of high street discounts
- Huge focus on Diversity & Inclusion. We have launched 6 networks to drive diversity at work and an inclusive environment, and to give you a voice. We hold panel events with internal and external guest speakers, and provide some really useful resources.
- Huge focus on your wellbeing. Free wellbeing apps and confidential coaching support, with access to free healthcare advice and counselling (available to your
and your immediate family members who live in the same household). Some services are available 24/7 via call and live chat.
- We are a FTSE 250 Company.
- We are a member of the 30% Club, a global campaign aimed at increasing gender diversity at board and senior management levels.
Reach plc believes diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why we are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from all suitable applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
Employment Type Permanent
Advertiser Type Agency